• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bit unsure on the sizing of these - not sure if I need M or L (i'm interested in the dish towel patterned shirt as well as the oxfords).

I have a large neck, wide shoulders slim waist. I am 184cm, 186 pounds. I like my shirts to be reasonably trim through the body. Usually shirts than fit me nicely in the body won't do up at the collar and/or have shoulders that are too small.

For instance in Brooks Brothers ESF, I will buy 16 or 16.5 collar size but then need to get the back darted fairly heavily. I am usually a size 40 suit.

From the measurements page and what is said here about the fit, an M would be right in everything except the collar (15.5"), which won't do up if I were to wear an M. On the oxfords, this might be a problem, but not so much on the dish towel. Ideally I think i'd get the L collar (16.5") and the M body shape!

So - do you guys think M or L is the way to go? Do the oxfords fit any differently from the casual shirts such as the dish towel?

Quoting an earlier post of mine because I received my Dishtowel shirt today. Fits nicely, and the collar even does up which means its at least 16"/16.5".

The casual shirts, or at least this one, must definitely fit a bit looser than the oxfords. Think I would get an L if I buy one of those.

Perhaps this isn't uncommon with oxford cloth - BB Subpima Oxfords definitely fit about half an inch to an inch smaller in the neck than their regular shirting line IMO.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would go with the M if you don't plan on doing up the collar, L otherwise. Gitman shirts are pretty casual anyways, so I would just go with the M so you don't need to tailor an L

epryor

Reaction score

Ordered Friday afternoon, showed up about an hour ago.

Frances May is good in my book!

arsn89

Reaction score
How tall are you? and what size did you order?

6'1 here, 38 inch waist, thinking about ordering M.

Looks great on you btw.

Last edited:

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How tall are you? and what size did you order?

6'1 here, 38 inch waist, thinking about ordering M.

Looks great on you btw.
I'm 6'1' 35" waist, 44" chest and no way I could fit M. L is slim on me. Unless you meant a 38" chest, them M may even be big.

Psydelik

Reaction score

I'm 6'1' 35" waist, 44" chest and no way I could fit M. L is slim on me.

Unless you meant a 38" chest, them M may even be big.

If he indeed has a 38 inch chest, the M will be big, no doubt. If you have a 38 inch waist, the large should fit you perfectly as I am also 6'1 with a 38 inch waist.

arsn89

Reaction score
lol Sorry, meant 38 inch chest. My waist size is 31 inches.

But a M would indeed be too big for a person who is 6'1 and a chest size like mine? Would the sleeve length on a small be too short?

Last edited:

Psydelik

Reaction score
Actually, I take that back. I don't know what I was thinking. A M should be good, although if you like an ultra slim fit, you probably wont get that, but it'll definitely fit. I don't know where my head was at earlier. I say order a small and a medium to be sure and send back whatever doesn't fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads