• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I was under the impression that it's the same shirt--different description. Green/Olive/Moss. It does look a little brighter in this picture than on the Epaulet site. But I think it's due to lighting.

with the navy overdye @ a preview.

Last edited:

racknac

Reaction score
if anyone knows where i can get an overdyed moss in size medium in the US it would be much appreciated.

Pulp088

Reaction score
It might be slightly easier to find a unicorn than the overdyed olive oxford in a medium this season. I'd recommend taking some speed and then obsessively refreshing this thread until your wrist locks up and your eyes start bleeding...or you know, just get lucky running across one. The shirt, not the unicorn.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Tres Bien Shop has it--where I got mine. $162 + shipping. Not the US, but it's a great (if not the best) shop. Stuff gets to my door in a few days.

Last edited:

Pulp088

Reaction score
For sure, I pulled the trigger on the moss overdyed oxford in a medium from Tres Bien Shop too. You do get to play the fun game of whether you'll be charged for customs or not.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ You know I've bought stuff from countless shops in several different countries, france, UK, korea, canada, etc......

....and never been charged a dime on customs. Is it a state law thing? I'm in California.

Pulp088

Reaction score
I've certainly had to pay customs a few times. Most recently for items from the Norse Store and Nitty Gritty. It's hit or miss, but I believe it's a nationwide. I had FedEx call me before to relate what was in a package. I told them a wool sweater, and then they asked me what it was made out of....awesome. Anyway, I digress...

To keep this relevant, Unionmade posted this new indigo floral pattern. http://unionmadegoods.com/gitman_vintage_Indigo_Batik_Discharge_Print_Button_Down_2181.html

nycxandy

Reaction score

I just noticed that Nitty Gritty Store has a few new shirts (for those of us who are in Europe) including this crazy print:

1718_0b201eb130-full.jpg

Need to find a N.A. retailer that sells this.

Kinglew619

Reaction score
I am 6'1 185ish should i go for a medium or large in the gitman overdye button downs?

datsunfan

Reaction score

i bought it... what is a key collar? that is the only difference i'm noticing...

It's basically a small point collar. The medium poplin I have for sale in my signature has one; there is a close up photo in the thread if you want to see what if looks like with the top button buttoned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads