• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

MORTAR

Brand Representative
Reaction score
Our Fall shipment is on its way, I think we may be getting that green OD. Will let you guys know...

Last edited:

Gruntle

Reaction score
The green od is my favorite shirt right now, waiting on the khaki od and a plaid from acrimony.

kevc

Reaction score
So my white OCBC came in today and it's way too small compared to my blue one. Pretty disappointed with Gitman's inconsistency in sizing.

89andy

Reaction score

So my white OCBC came in today and it's way too small compared to my blue one. Pretty disappointed with Gitman's inconsistency in sizing.

Same with me, bought a tagged S from a member here. Measurements basically matched up with XS ....

If anyone wants a blue oxford thats actually an XS mistagged PM me. It's BNWT , missing a button on the back of the collar.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's been my experience that the white fits small, the blue a little big...and the other colors right in between. I have grey and red, my roommate has white and blue and that is what we've seen.

kevc

Reaction score

It's been my experience that the white fits small, the blue a little big...and the other colors right in between. I have grey and red, my roommate has white and blue and that is what we've seen.

Ah, good to know. Think I'm just going to ask for a refund and just visit a retailer that stocks GV shirts.

ambivalence

Reaction score
hmm alright mate! thanks guy ~ probably will get another ocbd from gitmanvintage!

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whats up Dsoren - I haven't bought one in a bit. How did they change, if you know?

dsoren

Reaction score
It's much better - I would say that they are a hare slimmer and a little bit longer. Shoulders are a little bit different as well. Honestly it's a little difficult to describe is it was not a dramatic tweak - the shirts just lay differently on people.

I've also found that the oxfords tend to fit a bit bigger than the patterned shirts, and alot of people size down if they want a super slim fit on the oxfords. TTS they are already relatively slim, but I know how some of you guys are with your slim fits...

Gagno905

Reaction score
Received my floral shirt from SW. Fit is a tad smaller than regular XS for Gitman, but still nice. Feels a bit shorter too but nothing major - maybe half an inch in total. I second the comment that it's not the heaviest fabric, but is still much heavier than the S/S Chambrays and Madras. Awesome shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads