1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Well-Known Member

I don't know, I think 6'4 straddles the line between handsome and gangly lol. I am just back from seeing Stephen Merchant (writer of The Office with Ricky Gervais) this evening at at 6'7 he certainly crosses that line :)

2. crosswound

crosswound Well-Known Member

you du's and that Napoleon complex 6"4 is tall you just don't like to see other du's taller than you. try being 5"7.5 and you will thank the gods everyday your 6"4. shit if i was 6"4 i would have kopped so much stuff from mr porter like nobody business usa sale.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  3. max-t

max-t Well-Known Member

truth. i'm 5'8" and even at 25 still feel self conscious at times and wish i was taller.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  4. shkevin

shkevin Member

5. crosswound

that looks like it could be the toast color but with the lighting in that photography its hard to tell.

6. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Agreed. I'm done obsessing over slim shirts that wind up being uncomfortable. Gitman is the perfect fit for me without being too slim or too big. I just wish the armholes were a little higher.

I'm 6'2", 170lbs, and M is perfect on me. If my arms were any longer, though, the shirt arms would be too short...

7. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

^ agreed on the arm hole issue. They could be higher. I don't mind it so much for normal wear, but I have a few jackets (Engineered Garments mostly) with high arm holes and wearing them with a Gitman shirt isn't a great fit.

8. dsoren

dsoren Well-Known Member

Just posted some small Gitman shirts in B&S, check my sig...

9. rennavate

rennavate Well-Known Member

I just got the star print Gitman Vintage shirt in L... and while it needs to be taken in on the sides and maybe darted as well, it fits everywhere it needs to, and I love it. Would other Gitman Vintage shirts in L fit the same? Like the overdyes? Oxfords? Or is it a wash?

10. Kross

Kross Well-Known Member

Same question. I'm thinking about trying another shirt from GV because on the model, who has similar measurements to me, the shirt looks slimming but I definitely don't want the same cut I received before.

11. apparition

apparition Well-Known Member

Got my first GBV shirt. Fits me like shit. I guess I don't have the proportions for it. My BoO and even w+H shirts have a better fit for me. Too much flaring in these too.

12. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

I have 3 GBV, 2 of them is the oxford material and one is the flannel. Have to say I love the shirts. Yes they do flare out a bit, but I usually use these shirts for work or I tuck them in. For sure my go to shirts. BoO I find are nice if you don't wanna tuck in your shirt.

Wanna grab some chambray next in GBV and see how they are. Anybody comment on the material? Fairly light-weight?

13. crosswound

its lightweight probably will give you a better overall fit than the oxford material. the oxford material fits ill

14. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

I hesitated on the sea-green inuit expedition shirt that Endclothing put up a few weeks ago. I regret that.

15. Dynamics

Dynamics Well-Known Member

Anyone know of someone possibly selling the Gitman Bros Camo L/S shirt in a Medium? NWT of course.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  16. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

Would love to see a pic of this

17. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

18. jwoowoo

jwoowoo Well-Known Member

I have this season's Olive Overdye, Japanaese Polka Dot Corduroy, and Denim Blue Chambray for sale for $130 each. All size XS. The polka dot is BNWT, while the other 2 are barely worn. Shoot me a pm if you are interested.

19. crosswound