• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gitman bros vintage...anyone tried out yet?

chestercopperpot

Reaction score
gitman brothers vintage is apparently out now and i was curious if anyone has had any experience with them yet. i know they make the shirts for thom browne and i've always been a fan of those but unfortunately i can't always drop 250 a pop.

anyone know the price etc on these?

JMK

Reaction score
Bought a short sleeve plaid, XL, last week. Fit is terrific, price was $148.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is anyone even carrying their shirts besides Roden Gray?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NaturalShoulder
I saw some at Nordstroms. Did not pick one up.
No kidding. I'll have to inquire about these then.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm very interested in these as well.

chestercopperpot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMK
Bought a short sleeve plaid, XL, last week. Fit is terrific, price was $148.

wow

148 sounds good to me, i must go and find these!

RodenGray

Reaction score
We should receive our re-stock of gitman shirts in the next few weeks, we're getting a few more styles in and they're priced at $178 CAD. -Ryan

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got this response from someone at the company:

The SS09 collection is being sold at Ron Herman (LA) and Barneys New York (NY) and Lileo (Toronto) and at a few stores in Japan. Other US stores will be receiving their deliveries this month.
Not too helpful, but whatever.

95///M3

Reaction score
I have a few Gitman Vintage shirts for sale if anyone is interested. Price is $70 CONUS. I have a few oxford cotton blue striped with white cuffs and collars for sale. I also have 2 XL blue/black check with rounded collars as well. Shoot me a PM if interested.

poodlerock

Reaction score
I have two of the solid blue Gitman Vintage OCBDs for sale (not yet listed in B&S).

One a 16x34 and the other a 16.5x35.

$100 each shipped CONUS. Please PM me if interested. I'll post to B&S this weekend if they're not gone. Thanks.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought two, one in blue and one in purple, a trad OCBD, the material is nice and thin, fits like Black Fleece/TB shirt.

Cool details - locker loop on the back and a nice button on the back of the collar. Some of the shirts have weird fabric and/or collars - me, I personally don't like club collars and think white collars on a casual shirt looks dumb. I went old school, will look great this summer with my RL Black Label shorts, a grosgrain belt and some flip flops.

I bought a large, fits great, nice and slim fitting. It fits a lot like the J Crew tailored fit, but shorter and better, if that makes sense. Made in the US of ******* A!

Bloomies had a bunch on sale at the SF store.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If a Band of Outsiders small fits me close to perfectly, should I try Gitman Bros., or will they not be slim enough? I also like to fit of a Black Fleece BB0, but find the sleeves to be way too short.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads