• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girls...is it me, or are they serious drama queens

The Gooch

Reaction score
You guys seriously know nothing about girls. T wants you to be into her and switched into psycho saboteur mode by disclosing. It's all about competition for them. (note the period)

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Gooch
You guys seriously know nothing about girls. T wants you to be into her and switched into psycho saboteur mode by disclosing. It's all about competition for them. (note the period)

So teach us about girls.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Women love drama. This explains the existence of gossip rags, soap operas, and reality dating shows. I think it's just as likely (if not more) that "T" is enjoying this little soap opera she created at work than that she is into the TS.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See unbolded portion of the quote and figure it out.

Yup. He's right. One tool a guy can use to get girls is jealousy. It is is a very useful weapon. In this case OP accidentally made the girl he was talking to jealous. She might not have even thought about him before, but when he says he likes a different girl, this sets her off.

I took a girl on a first date to a comedy show to see a female friend of mine perform. The friend does a sort of stand up comedy act. We were sitting near the front and during the performance the girl on stage looks right at me for about 20 seconds while she is doing her act. The tension was great, and suddenly I feel a possessive hand reach over and land on my leg from the girl I was taking out. From that instant I knew I "had" the girl I had brought to the show. She couldn't help herself... her instinctual jealousy/possessiveness (it's a strong female thing) forced her to put her hand on my leg in a "he's mine" gesture.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See unbolded portion of the quote and figure it out.

This is not teh dumb
confused.gif

blackboard_knowledge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 5till13lazin
I mention to her that I find a co-worker very attractive but that was it.
I am going to cut you a break, and try to provide constructive criticism, as there is something that is gained from experience. It is my goal to fast track you ahead of your current trajectory by a few years through my very brief advice.

Avoid discussing any interest or attraction to other women with women. Do you know why Mel Gibson's "What Women Want" never went in the opposite direction, where a woman could read the mind of men? Because it would be gross. Also, because women typically can already "read" our minds, as we basically cycle through the same three thoughts for the larger portion of our lives.

I am going to give "T" --does anyone else feel as though we are reading off the script for next week's Gossip Girl?-- the benefit of the doubt, and assume that she was trying to help you out, by speaking with the other girl on your behalf. The only alternative is that she is a vindictive b****, which is a possibility. However, I find that women are rarely as sinister as we frame them to be, unless it is sorority rush, in which case all bets are off.

Also, although you may have a developed friendship with "T", you also work together. It has been my repeated experience that it is in your best interest to keep things somewhat professional, even in casual situations with female co-workers. Further, again speaking from experience, avoid office romances.

In summary, be careful around female co-workers. Or, just hang out with guys from work outside of work, as outside of an occasional cup check, male co-workers are relatively harmless.

The Gooch

Reaction score
Look, just go into any and every situation knowing that all chicks are crazy. Mothers, daughters, wives-all crazy. They don't think like we do.

But know this; they are all competitive. Even if the chick doesn't like you, she would rather pipe you than see the next chick pipe you.

If more dudes knew this, they'd be scoring left and right.

Remember, they don't think like us.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Um...shouldn't you be doing the "piping"?

The way you use it makes it seem more like "pegging", which some here aren't really into...

Big T

Reaction score
Got to agree. Been married to the same one for 31 years+. We got three daughters - 30, 28 & 10. Only the 10 year old remains normal (my definition). Was even worse up to three years ago - we also had a female house beagle. SWMBO and the dog had to go to counseling to co-exist in the same home. Massive cat fights!

Petrus1

Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of naive boys, manginas and closet homos commenting here.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by computerpro3
T likes you. She just eliminated her competition by making the other girl think you're a weirdo.

This.

Girls secretly hate each other. They are catty, jealous busybodies who are constantly plotting each other's downfalls. Unfortunately, they will have little regard for the fallout (on you) of their social machinations.

I've found that, generally speaking, smarter girls are less likely to engage in this sort of bullshit. Something about having a small and idle mind incites one to a life of gossip and social plotting, probably because one lacks the necessary mental tools for other forms of achievement.

And with that, my daily quota of SF-approved misogyny is fulfilled!

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look, just go into any and every situation knowing that all chicks are crazy. Mothers, daughters, wives-all crazy.
Wow, seriously? I never heard that before. Do you have any other new insights into women? Dude, your keen insight is basically, "Bitches be crazy." Any dude over the age of 13 knows that.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EZETHATSME
Remember this: When choosing a girl there are three options.
Sane.
Attractive.
Smart.
You get to pick two.

EZ

my GOD you are a genius. Can we add funny to the list?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads