Girls interested in you because of your money?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Cavalier, Oct 15, 2007.

1. DNW

DNW Senior member

This thread is borderline trolling. I call [​IMG]

2. KBW

KBW Senior member

Well I myself have hardly any money. I do have a house on the lake and two boats but I have only about 50K in investments (not including house). I have a lot of "show money" though and I agree with the original guy I feel like I have a lot to offer and am a good looking guy but I go out with girls who don't know who the hell I am or anything about me they just know I have nice things (I drive a Denali, G35, and have two motorcycles which for my age 21 are nice around here) and it makes them think I have more money than I do. I don't pretend to have it or ever talk about it though but I wear nice clothes, have a nice house, boats, and motorcycles so girls all the time want to come hang out or go out with me and I don't always feel they actually like me. You just have to try to learn to read them and ever since I had a girl basically propose to me after 3 months of dating thinking she'd be set for life I've been careful. I have $ now only because of my parents. When I graduate grad school I'm not getting anything else from them as I'm expected by my family to make $ on my own from that pt. The cool thing about where I live is I can wear really nice clothes and other than looking good nobody knows what they are

3. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Who gives a baker's fuck why she's into you? You don't have to marry the girl.

Also, if you want to make yourself feel better, look at it from a primal perspective. The main reason women seek out men, on a base level, is to provide food and shelter for them and their offspring. Today, money=breadwinning, so you're just capitalizing on a Darwinian advantage.

4. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

Well I myself have hardly any money. I do have a house on the lake and two boats but I have only about 50K in investments (not including house). I have a lot of "show money" though and I agree with the original guy I feel like I have a lot to offer and am a good looking guy but I go out with girls who don't know who the hell I am or anything about me they just know I have nice things (I drive a Denali, G35, and have two motorcycles which for my age 21 are nice around here) and it makes them think I have more money than I do. I don't pretend to have it or ever talk about it though but I wear nice clothes, have a nice house, boats, and motorcycles so girls all the time want to come hang out or go out with me and I don't always feel they actually like me. You just have to try to learn to read them and ever since I had a girl basically propose to me after 3 months of dating thinking she'd be set for life I've been careful. I have $ now only because of my parents. When I graduate grad school I'm not getting anything else from them as I'm expected by my family to make $ on my own from that pt. The cool thing about where I live is I can wear really nice clothes and other than looking good nobody knows what they are

If DarkNWorn is wrong, and this isn't trolling

Ya got 50K in the bank, two cars, two boats, two bikes, and a house at age 21?

It's your money, bro.

5. Edward Appleby

At 20, unless you're some trust fund kid I'm guessing you don't have a lot of money. Chicks who are into guys for money go for the real deal; athletes, entertainers, lawyers or doctors. Sorry to break it to you bub, but it ain't your money she's after.

That's a rather deeply flawed conception of what constitutes the upper ranges of the income spectrum in today's world.

6. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

That's a rather deeply flawed conception of what constitutes the upper ranges of the income spectrum in today's world.

True, but it's a flawed perception on the gold-digging girl's end, too.

7. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

True, but it's a flawed perception on the gold-digging girl's end, too.

All depends on how far the gold digger fell from the trailer park.

In college we met this decent looking chick so we had her come over for drinks. Well, turned out she's pregnant but drinking anyway. Oops. She said she lives in a lean-to. I'm pretty sure she wanted us for our money even though our net worth pretty much amounted to the cars we owned.

8. Edward Appleby

Well, turned out she's pregnant but drinking anyway. Oops. She said she lives in a lean-to.

Wow, that's really sad.

9. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

One of my best friends went to Yale and I went and visited him often. The guys there joked about dropping "The Y-Bomb" on girls. Letting it be known that they went to Yale, usuaaly perked up the girls' interest a notch. Drop all the "Ivy League Douchebag" comments you want, but it worked.

When I went to law school, I was introduced to the "L Bomb" - usually, when girls find out you're in/went to law school, the interest level perks up a bit. I detested the type of girls who would blatantly go for that, so I never dropped it unless it flowed from the conversation. Even then, the most down-to-earth girl will generally regard you more favorably, as it (and similar accomplishments/pursuits) demonstrates you are at least somewhat ambitious and likely to succeed in your career.

It's really not gold digging - it's nature - a girl wants someone who can provide for her and best ensure her comfort and that of her offspring.

10. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

One of my best friends went to Yale and I went and visited him often. The guys there joked about dropping "The Y-Bomb" on girls. Letting it be known that they went to Yale, usuaaly perked up the girls' interest a notch. Drop all the "Ivy League Douchebag" comments you want, but it worked. When I went to law school, I was introduced to the "L Bomb" - usually, when girls find out you're in/went to law school, the interest level perks up a bit. I detested the type of girls who would blatantly go for that, so I never dropped it unless it flowed from the conversation. Even then, the most down-to-earth girl will generally regard you more favorably, as it (and similar accomplishments/pursuits) demonstrates you are at least somewhat ambitious and likely to succeed in your career. It's really not gold digging - it's nature - a girl wants someone who can provide for her and best ensure her comfort and that of her offspring.
    Funny that they had that kind of name for it, but I'm entirely sure it did make a difference. Most everyone perks up a bit when you tell them you went to Yale, especially if it was recently (for whatever reason). Hell, I just went to a one year graduate business school program at a public university, and most people are mildly impressed. In most crowds it doesn't take much. I don't consider it gold-digging either in most cases, because (at least up until this point) I'd be surprised if most girls I met were thinking about marriage. Honestly, I would perk up if I found out if a girl went to Yale without knowing much about her or talking to her for an extended period of time. It at least shows she's not a complete idiot, and likely has ambition, two qualities which are sadly rare in the female population I'm exposed to these days.

11. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

I have sex with billions of men, women don't seem all that interested in me. [​IMG]

Fixed.

12. alan

alan Senior member

As someone said, it depends on how you have been treating her.

If from the start you used your money to impress her, often taking her to impressive dinners and buying her gifts, then its you who used your money to get her.

If not, then there might be some things about you she likes.

Looks arent as important in men as they are in women, usually, imo. But confidence is, and you should have some more in yourself regardless of insecurities you have. Your making way too big a deal out of them.

13. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Wear a condom or do not do any act that can impregnate her, sex her up silly, and then worry about why she's with you. You're 20 for god's sake. Unless you are a trust fund baby everyone has it worked out that it's your parent's money and not yours. Get some of that Selma looking tail and worry about her reasons later, just protect yourself from the "Daddy Trap".

14. Sartorian

Sartorian Senior member

Are you sure she isn't just after your monster schlong? (Where's that smilie?)

15. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Are you sure she isn't just after your monster schlong? (Where's that smilie?)

You are confusing him with me.