1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Girlfriend/Fiancee Tattoos

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Augusto86, Sep 27, 2006.

1. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Senior member

Tattoo's on women turn me off. Like the full on back/arm tattoo that seem to be popular.

I don't mind if she has a small one and its hidden. But full on tats looks ugly to me.

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I've thought about something similar before - my wife's full name, spelled in the original language - but haven't felt passionate enough to go for it.

Also, whatever you do, for goodness sake don't just get it in another language because you like the way the script reads. Is Arabic her native language? I don't mean to offend, but I think the "it's a different language because it's cool" is hopelessly tacky and uninspired.

chorse, although I don't know you, based on your post here, a tattoo seems out of character for you.

3. BankerBoi

BankerBoi Senior member

My idea is this: to get a tattoo of arabic calligraphy of my girlfriend of 4.5 years on my shoulderblade. It's not in a place that will cause employment issues, and not immediately recognizable as a name.

edit: the Arabic is mostly because I like the swirly look of Arabic writing and its unique, unlike kanji or chinese, which is everywhere. I wrote it myself and had someone tart it up for me, so I know what it says. I speak arabic, so I'm not gonna get stoned for having "muhammad's a pig" on me. The incomprehensibility to 99% of the world is just a bonus.

Does it say Chemical Brothers ?