Girlfriend/Fiancee Tattoos

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Augusto86, Sep 27, 2006.

1. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

If your past contains enough drink, it's bound to be at least a little interesting.

That depends on your particular perspective and what you consider "˜interesting' to be.

Jon.

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

wino forever
    [​IMG]

Maybe if Tupac had lived and gone straight he could have had his changed to:

H.U.G. L.I.F.E.

[​IMG]

4. Oddly Familiar

Oddly Familiar Senior member

Or a man with a drunken past...

Jon.

I know a guy who got "FUCK" tatooed on his lower abdomen when he was drunk. He once told me to never get a tatoo. Especially drunk. He also had the coolest sleeve I have ever seen.

5. Stax

Stax Senior member

I have 70% of my body covered in tattoos and having been a tattoo artist for 10+ years...........i dunno man. in general I'm not fond of getting names (bands, sig others etc) tattooed but you have the luxury of it not being recognized as a name so if it's what you're feeling then go for it. Many look at their tattoos as stamps in points of their life, so if it doesnt work out for you guys you can always see it as a remembrance of good times with her. But if you have any reservations, I'd lean towards NOT getting it done.

out of curiosity, how many of your customers ask for tattoos with their girlfriend's/wife's names?

6. Wings_2006

Wings_2006 Senior member

Well I can tell you this, from a female's perspective.. I didn't appreciate my ex-boyfriends tattoo of the face of his ex-wife on his shoulder. I just didn't like the constant reminder.. especially during the more intimate moments. I don't know about a name in arabic though, it wouldn't be nearly as obvious as an image, but I think on off/PMS days you'd get harassed by any girlfriends that follow...

Also, make sure it's spelled correctly if you do get one.

Claire

7. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

torn on this - my tatoo I got as a symbol of having gotten over an ex girlfriend. I like the idea of something that is not understandable to 99% of the people you will meet, and something that represents who you are at a specifc point in time.

I don't like the idea of a girlfriends name, though, too risky.

8. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

edit: the Arabic is mostly because I like the swirly look of Arabic writing and its unique, unlike kanji or chinese, which is everywhere. I wrote it myself and had someone tart it up for me, so I know what it says. I speak arabic, so I'm not gonna get stoned for having "muhammad's a pig" on me. The incomprehensibility to 99% of the world is just a bonus.
    [​IMG]

9. routechecker

routechecker Member

Food for thought...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Cheers

10. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

Image in question:

[​IMG]

Looking at it now, I could change one letter in it and make it say "honor." Hm.....

11. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

wino forever
    [​IMG]

Best tattoo modification ever. This is why Johnny Depp is cooler than I'll ever be.

Well, this and the millions of dollars. And the talent. And the looks.

I'm going to go tattoo "Loser" on my ass now. BBL.

12. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Senior member

edit: the Arabic is mostly because I like the swirly look of Arabic writing and its unique, unlike kanji or chinese, which is everywhere. I wrote it myself and had someone tart it up for me, so I know what it says. I speak arabic, so I'm not gonna get stoned for having "muhammad's a pig" on me. The incomprehensibility to 99% of the world is just a bonus.

One thing I have heard said about Chinese character tatoos -- Aside from the fear of "mispelling", some say that the tatoo artist himself/herself should be someone schooled in the writing system. It is not enough just for someone artistic to treat the charater as an image and reproduce it.

I can usually tell when a Chinese character tatoo was done by a tatoo artist who can't write Chinese characters. Something about the "penmanship" is just off.

Bic

13. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Best tattoo modification ever. This is why Johnny Depp is cooler than I'll ever be.

Well, this and the millions of dollars. And the talent. And the looks.

I'm going to go tattoo "Loser" on my ass now. BBL.

Hahahaha [​IMG]

Jon.

14. ken

ken Banned by Request

I once read about a guy who got girls' names tattooed soon after he met them, because it was easier to "make time" w/them that way. I was thinking about trying that out. I've got a little rotary machine that I could use to just scratch names into my thigh and, voila!, instant lovin'. Followed by a cover-up.

Now for my opinion:
    Don't get it, but not because it's your girl's name. Don't get it because it'd be a boring tattoo. Black tattoos only look good if there's so much black that you can't see where you're going, and even then they're not that great. If your artist can turn that into a black & gray piece, w/some filler or something to pull it together, that'd be better. But, as stated, that's my opinion.

15. VMan

VMan Senior member

I know a guy who got "FUCK" tatooed on his lower abdomen when he was drunk. He once told me to never get a tatoo. Especially drunk. He also had the coolest sleeve I have ever seen.

A guy I know thru a good friend has "PISS POOR" tattooed on his knuckles. He's got a lot of other tats and says he never regretted any of them.