• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girlfriend brought me back loafers from Italy that don’t fit. What’s the best site to get the most value on these?

Domino11803

Reaction score
My girlfriend brought me back a pair of ferragamo loafers and Gucci drivers from Italy and unfortunately they are too large. I’m between seeing if I can buy inserts or just trying to sell them. These are both new and have only been worn to see if they fit. What sites are the best place to try to offload these for the closest to value?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you the same guy who posted a month ago about which Italian loafers your girlfriend should be up for you when she travelled to Italy?

Domino11803

Reaction score
I’m the same. The selection where she went wasn’t huge. I got sized in America but for whatever reason these are still a little big.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Though you’re back seeking advice from the same people you originally ignored?

Try eBay. Good luck.

Pandaros

Reaction score
Where did she buy them from? Which city and which shop?

Pandaros

Reaction score
I have to ask her what shop But she was in Sicily so I’d assume someone by Taormina

Contact them. If they're independent, they may do a swap them if you pay postage and any import duties. The independent shops are normally good like that in Italy - but Sicily is a little bit different. You'd definitely want to send with registered post and have agreement in email

Pandaros

Reaction score
But, it begs the question, why didn't you have her take pictures and then go and try on an equivalent pair where you live to advise her on size?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics