1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Girl Issues, Need Advice vol. infinity

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by makker, Mar 8, 2011.

1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

good luck. I am so happy I am not young and dating anymore

I'm so happy I'm not young or dating anymore too.

2. makker

makker Senior member

makker- You are very close to coming off as desperate in her eyes. And not only will this kill your chances with her...but most, if not all, of her circle of influence. You want to appear desirable and have her feel the need to prove to you that she is desirable. Once she feels this way she will want to have sechs with you. Then after a week she will cling to you, call you everyday, and you'll dump her. But at least you'll still be ''winning''!
    I think we all know this. Jackpot to the person who tells me how to appear desirable and not just be desirable? I mean come on, when I asked her why she initially never thought she would go out with me was supposedly because when she first saw me I was drinking a more 'sophisticated' and therefore more expensive water brand than everybody else. What ludacris, we all know its not the real story. She did mention a few days ago that she had said good things about me to her friends in her home country, but then of course denied it as I had playfully been mocking her as we do to each other anyway but certainly it must be true, no need to even ask her this again so I guess it cant be that bad. I mean, why couldn't she just ignore me from now on and not want to talk to me? Whatever, tomorrow I will ask her again face-to-face if she knows if she can go and if not, I'll drop it. I just feel like a complete dickhead not knowing how to handle this shit as this is the second girl during my teenage years that I have had something going on with, first one ever to sleep in the same bed with me and not knowing how to profit from this is just pissing me off. However, I cant ignore the fact that if supposedly she is not interested and I wouldve started fiddling with her, the chances of backing off would be greater? Imagine the shit I would be in if that scenario would have happened.

3. Kyoung05

Kyoung05 Senior member

Sounds like she's not that into you. At best, you can hope to be in the "friend zone," but it seems anything beyond that is not feasible at this point. I'm just speculating here, but it's possible the only reason she even talked to you to begin with was because she considered you to be the non-threatening eunuch-type. As others have noted, you seem desperate, and this whole "I at least just want to be friends" is nothing more than denial/a defense mechanism, and believe me, if you seem desperate to a bunch of online strangers, you can sure as hell bet that you come off that way in person too.

4. Chico2007

Chico2007 Senior member

I think we all know this. Jackpot to the person who tells me how to appear desirable and not just be desirable?

The best way to appear desirable to a woman is to have her see you with...ready for this...other women!
    Now go out there with your tiger blood![​IMG]

5. makker

makker Senior member

The best way to appear desirable to a woman is to have her see you with...ready for this...other women!
    Now go out there with your tiger blood![​IMG]

Bahah, in fact I did this today, aiming to ignore her completely but I guess sooner or later it will just decrease her interest even more.. [​IMG]

6. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

You should just forget about her. You're so young, you're on a college campus, the odds of this girl being so special for you are very slim, and she really does seem disinterested, at least in doing anything serious with you. Move on, find a chick that actually IS interested in you, and be happy. And most importantly, please don't tell me to take my own advice, because then I'd feel like a hypocrite.

7. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

And most importantly, please don't tell me to take my own advice, because then I'd feel like a hypocrite.

lol this has been the story of my life lately.

8. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

sounds like she wasn't all that interested but you were pushy so she figured what the hell.
    you two had some fun, she got drunk to give herself an excuse incase stuff happened
    you never made your move so she figures you're a pussy or you really actually do like her, ie you're a nice guy. you pushed hard but never made it across the line brotha...

my advice, either push towards her again and make up some excuse like 'oh i know you were interested etc but I was just feeling too drunk, or say she was looking pretty crappy/sick so you weren't interested, etc. Maybe you'll get lucky next time', ie we both know I could have done something but it was my choice and I decided i didn't want you.
    then invite her out with a group where you know you'll look good, ie with a crowd that likes you to a place you're comfortable with, and act like she belongs to you but that your focus is more on having a good time with your friends and make her work a little to get your attention and blend in with the group. the point here is to prove you're cooler than she thought.
    the next time invite her out to "meet with a group", except you make some bogus call, everyone else decided to be lame and stay in, so it's jsut the two of you and you've already started drinking, oops, you have sex, etc..

PS - there's 3 billion females out there. act like there's something wrong with her for not liking you, give it a go, and otherwise laugh and move on. Plenty more out there.

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

the only way to possibly salvage this is to put yourself in a situation where there's alcohol, you're with another girl who is into you, and she's there seeing what she missed out on.

10. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Um, don't ignore her, just don't go out of your way to engage her. Unless she tries herself. In the meantime, turn your attention to other girls. You either get this girl or you get some other girl.

11. makker

makker Senior member

Thanks for the advice again.

In general terms, how does a guy show his interest towards a girl without being desperate anyway? A small chat, asking to go out and if the girl says yes/no its all off from there?

12. aguydude

aguydude Senior member

Thanks for the advice again.

In general terms, how does a guy show his interest towards a girl without being desperate anyway? A small chat, asking to go out and if the girl says yes/no its all off from there?

pretty much, its more or less a numbers game broski

13. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

Confusing shit, I know, but I hope you guys understand my position in this.

Ah, puppy love. So sweet, romantic - and a fantasy! You're learning the ropes!

14. giraffe lookout

giraffe lookout Senior member

pretty much, its more or less a numbers game broski

This is one way of looking at it.

I think the reason why you don't see anyone in this thread encouraging you to try to get with this girl is because you've made her sound really lame. You took her out, she got kind of buzzed, vaguely mentioned that you aren't her type/cool enough for her and then passed out drunk in your bed.

Beyond that, I don't think it's that she's not interested in you. I doubt she is really interested in a guys that want to go on dates. I think she's probably more into guys that like to get drunk and hook up.

If you want to hook up with girls like this do yourself a favor and don't ask them on dates. Flirt with them a little bit in class and then show up at the party they are at. Get some drinks in too and then make out with them. This is probably not the best way to get an awesome girlfriend but this girl was never going to be an awesome girlfriend.

15. Gutman

Gutman Senior member

if it doesn't happen straightaway it ain't gonna happen... especially if you've already had (not in the good sense) her in your bed.

and why would you want a female friend who you are attracted to? more likely to be a cawk-block than a wing-man for you. i had friend in college who did this, it (he) was a standing joke for years. move on pal! plenty more fish in the sea, and the odds of you finding the "right" one at your age are pretty low anyway.

16. West24

West24 Senior member

in a situation where youre in just throw the ball in her court. when you ask her out and if she says she may be busy etc. i just usually send a txt saying well when ever you have time to go out etc let me know. this way you dont seem desperate (may be a little too late for you) and if she wants to shell let you know. everything else is gravy. this isnt if shes done this once and genuinely is busy, this is if youve talked for a bit etc and shes been busy a few times or you feel is undecisive about the situation.

17. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Your over analyzation of this situation, to me, seems like a grand waste of time and energy.

Yes. This times a 100. Don't worry about it. Seriously, just move on, maybe check in on FB from time to time, She will come back around or she won't but don't fucking obsess over it.

Also, there is a pretty good chance she fully expected you to fuck her and is embarrassed and annoyed that you did not.

18. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Its over.

And dont be a bitch next time.

19. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

kids these days....

back in college you better believe that when a girl passed out in my bed she was getting sex, consenual or otherwise

20. Eason

Eason Senior member

Sounds like she wasn't ever into you and now she knows for sure. Ask out her friend.

Yeah it was this. No chemistry. Are you stanleyvanbueran?