• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

girl advise from inter webs

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
Why do you think she is into you? What does she do to give you this impression?

she smiled in my general direction

whiteslashasian

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imschatz
how about .. ask her to go hiking? Or .. a walk around a nearby park/lake afterwork or during your lunchbreak. Make it out to be part of your daily routine. The park walk may be a good way to ask her out more formally away from the people at work.

Then again .. I'm really good at ending being a females "friend" .. so if you do the above, you may end up there.

That will happen if he doesn't do something else, such as ask her to after work drinks with friends, soon after.

Metro has good advice in this field, I'd heed it.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
she smiled in my general direction

Is she the only female who does this at work?

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am pretty repulsive

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ask her to have a drink with you and then bring up hiking. Pretty easy. Or when at work, mention hiking and then transition into, "hey, wanna grab a drink after work?" Then pounce!

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Serious advice: Don't ask her to dinner. Ask her to grab some after-work drinks at happy hour. Even potentially with "friends" if you are not comfortable. Dinner is too forward and you cannot backtrack from that. Drinks, well, you could have just been asking her out as friends. And you should know if she likes you or not after a couple of hours drinking together.

Thank me later.

This. Take MS's advice.

If you're talking to her and find some mutual interest (say she likes going to the stadium to watch the local baseball team play), then you can suggest going to see a game together. You can gauge her interest and gives you room to backtrack instead of the whole just asking her out for dinner idea.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what if i text her

"when you gunna let me hit that?"

Superfluous Man

Reaction score
Please god/Santa Claus do not ask for anything, especially via text message.

Also, picking up women at work can be an interesting experience. When you get rejected by a random woman it's unlikely you'll ever see her again; not the case with coworkers. Have fun!

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
does she have a cat? if she does, kill it. be there for her when she tells you someone murdered her cat. this works every time like colt45

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are at a job where people go out for lunch, that's even easier than after work drinks. Everybody has to go out for lunch, so you just do it. It's low pressure 'cause you both have to get back to work after awhile. If she is having fun the time constraint will work in your favor as she will want to see you again.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
so there this girl at work. I think she might be into me but im about as good at picking up signals as a pager is at answering calls so... ask her out to dinner or no?

what if she says no. Normally i wouldn't care but since im going to be seeing this person at work it might make things awkward.. not for me i couldn't care less but from what ive experienced before seems the other party insists on making things weird.

INvite her to drinks when others are going. Keep it casual. IF she's flirty with you while drinking, invite her to another bar without the co-workers. Etc.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, she's already friend-zoned you, you creep.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
consult your Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual. i heard that it has all kinds of tips on how to deal with strange creatures such as "girls" that you may encounter in your adventures.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i browsed the manual and all i found was information on a ice queen that you have to kill with a lvl30 arcane missile....

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's