• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

girl advise from inter webs

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so there this girl at work. I think she might be into me but im about as good at picking up signals as a pager is at answering calls so... ask her out to dinner or no?

what if she says no. Normally i wouldn't care but since im going to be seeing this person at work it might make things awkward.. not for me i couldn't care less but from what ive experienced before seems the other party insists on making things weird.

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
so there this girl at work. I think she might be into me but im about as good at picking up signals as a pager is at answering calls so... ask her out to dinner or no?
Yes.
what if she says no.
A dragon will eat you.
Normally i wouldn't care but since im going to be seeing this person at work it might make things awkward.. not for me i couldn't care less but from what ive experienced before seems the other party insists on making things weird.
It will be weird, just ignore it.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
celery your my hero...

what is the weakness of the dragon if it attempts to eat me. Or is that inevitable and my attempts to stop it futile.

also ask her at work or text her?

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
celery your my hero...
level 80 hero

what is the weakness of the dragon if it attempts to eat me. Or is that inevitable and my attempts to stop it futile.
You will die horribly, no chance to fight it.

In person, but away from prying eyes/ears.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the real question then is.

should i risk being eaten by a dragon for a chance at poon?

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
at first i thought you were just messing with me but now i see you have evidence for your claims

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Post pics of this alleged female and we will determine if it's worth it for you.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shes cute and smart... thats what i find most attractive

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Serious advice: Don't ask her to dinner. Ask her to grab some after-work drinks at happy hour. Even potentially with "friends" if you are not comfortable. Dinner is too forward and you cannot backtrack from that. Drinks, well, you could have just been asking her out as friends. And you should know if she likes you or not after a couple of hours drinking together.

Thank me later.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
celery your my hero...

Do NOT text her!!! Unless you are in high school and work at McDees! Also, you can suggest grabbing a drink after work vs dinner!

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was thinking it was to formal...

she likes hiking and I got her number after asking if she wanted to go hiking sometime. SHe seemed pretty willing at that time so maybe ill just go from there. Just havent had time to do anything yet.

this was a few weeks ago. she had been buzy with a wedding and graduations and such.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do you think she is into you? What does she do to give you this impression?

imschatz

Reaction score
i was thinking it was to formal...

she likes hiking and I got her number after asking if she wanted to go hiking sometime. SHe seemed pretty willing at that time so maybe ill just go from there. Just havent had time to do anything yet.

this was a few weeks ago. she had been buzy with a wedding and graduations and such.

how about .. ask her to go hiking? Or .. a walk around a nearby park/lake afterwork or during your lunchbreak. Make it out to be part of your daily routine. The park walk may be a good way to ask her out more formally away from the people at work.

Then again .. I'm really good at ending being a females "friend" .. so if you do the above, you may end up there.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's