• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girl advice. Pitiful, right?

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what the **** is going on in here....

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait wait wait wait wait....

Does her name start with an "S"?

x26

Reaction score
Originally Posted by walked
I've observed that most of you all here have significantly more life experience than myself - and some outside insight pertaining to my situation would be helpful.

Basic groundwork: me and this one girl have hung out 4 or 5 times, and there is very, very, very obvious sexual tension and chemistry. I'm not going to bore with details, but we get on extremely well all things said (we made an inpromptu 15+ hour drive last weekend and had a blast, long story).

We've both been up front - I like her, she likes me, and she's half-seeing someone, in that they've been on-again,off-again and its iffy on her end. That's fine and all, and I'm entirely capable of respecting that.

Well, I do think there is potential there and I dont know the context for how on or off or whatever they are, but I know she's interested - and I'm not shy and am a pretty damn confident guy. As such, I intend to just lay it out and see what happens. I'm not going to linger and hope or play games - I dont do drama.

Something to the effect of: "Hey, I like you - and you like me, its completely obvious. Now, I can respect the interesting relationship dynamic in your life, but there's something here and you should make yourself available to pursue it. If you've got a problem with me wanting that, you should just kick me out right now (or similar, location sensitive for sure)"

It's a bit blunt, but it makes my position clear, gives her an out (which I'll respect in full), and fully exudes confidence - no?

Can I get some input?

Sounds like a Typical American Girl--ie., A Spoiled Slut that wants and feels entitled to it "ALL"..

Don't put yourself through any grief over most Girls.
smile.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by x26
Sounds like a Typical American Girl--ie., A Spoiled Slut that wants and feels entitled to it "ALL"..

Don't put yourself through any grief over most Girls.
smile.gif

You sound like a typical American Guy--ie., A castrated moron who can't interact or empathize with girls and ends up masturbating to heavily photoshopped Russian models on the INTERNET.

Might as well give up and really cut them off
smile.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Dude, no need to be so rude or give such awful advice. The first time, you should only put one in her cooter and go no deeper than the first knuckle. Depending on how well they know each other, he can also stick one in her stink hole. That's like etiquitte 101.

Naming a dog after you would be appropriate in so many ways.
lol8[1].gif

surfnbank

Reaction score
Sounds like if things continue to go well you might have to be the chick here and tell her about the idea of you guys being serious. Otherwise move on, nothing worse than a mind ****

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see this relationship going anywhere. Either you hook up or you don't. It's good to have female friends that are hot, as it helps getting hot chicks. But if a relationship/seks is out of the question and you can't get over that you want to **** them, don't waste your emotions and time. Mind **** is the worst thing in the world.

If she is honest with herself and yourself, you would be in a relationship now. She's holding out for some reason but sounds like she likes the 'idea' of doing you. Who knows if that'll materialise into an actual night of hot steamy seks.

One last thing, is she asian?

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, this has been the best thread I've read this entire week.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Agnacious
If you are respecting the fact that she has a **** buddy she doesn't want to give up, then you're not nearly as confident as you think you are.

Carl MalOWNED!

You're the go-to advice guy now.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Why do guys care about dumb **** like 'kinda sorta seeing someone'? I'll respect a wedding band, but the correct response to 'I'm kinda seeing someone...' is always 'So? Let's have drinks sometime.'

This would be my response, all the typical SF alpha male dick-swinging in this thread notwithstanding. If the on-again-off-again guy was a boyfriend before she met you, it's natural to assume he'd take priority in her mind, but that doesn't really shouldn't concern you.

The fact is there's really nothing to be gained from asking her to take it up to the next level... your job is to make her want to take it to the next level. If she complains about Mr. on-again-off-again, DON'T plead with her to leave him, or ask her why she doesn't... BE the guy she wants to leave him for. Girls like guys who do things, not guys who talk about doing things. Or so I've been told. "But what about us?"-type conversations are for annoying girlfriends in action movies when the bomb is about to go off at any moment. Everybody hates that chick.

I wouldn't normally even contribute to a thread like this, but I'm in a similar situation myself. I've been seeing a girl (well, right now I haven't seen her in two weeks) who obviously has/had some drama going on with an ex-boyfriend. I know nothing about the guy, she hasn't volunteered any information, and I intend to keep it that way. Recently she changed her Facebook status from "In a relationship" to "It's Complicated". Well that's something, isn't it?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Friend City. Population: You.

I see a GQGeek-like ending to this story.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics