• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girl advice. Pitiful, right?

walked

Reaction score
I've observed that most of you all here have significantly more life experience than myself - and some outside insight pertaining to my situation would be helpful.

Basic groundwork: me and this one girl have hung out 4 or 5 times, and there is very, very, very obvious sexual tension and chemistry. I'm not going to bore with details, but we get on extremely well all things said (we made an inpromptu 15+ hour drive last weekend and had a blast, long story).

We've both been up front - I like her, she likes me, and she's half-seeing someone, in that they've been on-again,off-again and its iffy on her end. That's fine and all, and I'm entirely capable of respecting that.

Well, I do think there is potential there and I dont know the context for how on or off or whatever they are, but I know she's interested - and I'm not shy and am a pretty damn confident guy. As such, I intend to just lay it out and see what happens. I'm not going to linger and hope or play games - I dont do drama.

Something to the effect of: "Hey, I like you - and you like me, its completely obvious. Now, I can respect the interesting relationship dynamic in your life, but there's something here and you should make yourself available to pursue it. If you've got a problem with me wanting that, you should just kick me out right now (or similar, location sensitive for sure)"

It's a bit blunt, but it makes my position clear, gives her an out (which I'll respect in full), and fully exudes confidence - no?

Can I get some input?

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by walked
Something to the effect of: "Hey, I like you - and you like me, its completely obvious. Now, I can respect the interesting relationship dynamic in your life, but there's something here and you should make yourself available to pursue it. If you've got a problem with me wanting that, you should just kick me out right now (or similar, location sensitive for sure)"

Can I get some input?

Sounds lame, just put your hand on her ass (or kiss her, or put two in her cooter) and play it from there. (and I'm being 100% serious).

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Sounds lame, just put your hand on her ass (or kiss her, or put two in her cooter) and play it from there. (and I'm being 100% serious).

+1

Talk is cheap. You need to just bang her and make sure she likes it.

Jayhawk1412

Reaction score
Originally Posted by walked

It's a bit blunt, but it makes my position clear, gives her an out (which I'll respect in full), and fully exudes confidence - no?

Can I get some input?

Terrible idea man. PM me about this if you want legit advice

walked

Reaction score
Thanks so far guys. Already have done the kissing part, and has gone real well, no rejection whatsoever.

Trying to get it out of limbo-stage where it stands right now. Like I said, the sexual tension has already been physically breached, I did that date 3 and 4, pretty consistent and very well received.

But I'm not going to sit in limbo and wait and see either, thats what I'm trying to dodge.

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you guys seen the Seinfeld episode where Todd Gack goes out with Elaine and Jerry's girlfriend by making a bet and wagering dinner, while avoiding ever asking them out?

How well do you think that would work in real life?

SimonM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threak
Have you guys seen the Seinfeld episode where Todd Gack goes out with Elaine and Jerry's girlfriend by making a bet and wagering dinner, while avoiding ever asking them out?

How well do you think that would work in real life?

"Gack," huh? What is that, Dutch?

bigboy

Reaction score
Like many have said, go for it. Not verbally, but physically. Then give us an update.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She just wants to keep the attention of two guys. Make a move, or back away.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Hmm. I suggest buying her a ring and leaving it under her pillow while you hide naked in her closet. You wait until she finds the ring, get out and *bang* RELATIONSHIP!

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal

Dude, no need to be so rude or give such awful advice. The first time, you should only put one in her cooter and go no deeper than the first knuckle. Depending on how well they know each other, he can also stick one in her stink hole. That's like etiquitte 101.

Agnacious

Reaction score
If you are respecting the fact that she has a **** buddy she doesn't want to give up, then you're not nearly as confident as you think you are.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads