• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Giorgio Armani suit with texture

cpc

Reaction score
Hi,

This suit is for sale, listed as new. It has something like a chevron texture in the pictures. It says Soft Line on the label.

Is this a texture normally provided by Armani? I am worried it will be “too much” in real life.

Unfortunately not able to look at it in person before buying..

Listed at approximately 500 USD.

IMG_2715.png

IMG_2716.png

IMG_2717.png

Last edited:

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has painfully skinny lapels. What beyond the name of the tag interests you?

Reactions: cpc

cpc

Reaction score
Mostly the name on the tag, to be honest. 500 usd it seems like a ok price for a new Armani suit, just not sure about the texture in the material.

TheIronDandy

Reaction score

This.

Assuming the suit was made by a completely unknown brand, would you be interested in wearing it? I get the appeal of name recognition (and Armani was the brand that equalled success when I was growing up) and the desire to get a luxury brand for a low price, but a great price (compared to the list price) for a suit you won't wear is still a terrible deal. And while Armani championed some legendary looks in the past, I fear much of what they have now is just the short, tight jackets with skinny lapels that every high street brand makes as a default.

Reactions: cpc

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 86 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads