• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Giorgio Armani Shoes

SmallFishWang

Reaction score
Hi guys my first post in SF after months of reading, i am getting buyer's remorse after buying a Giorgio Armani Shoes today, even after 60% off its still over priced, but it was kinda love at first sight. I guess i wanted to see what u guys think so i can either feel better about myself or feel worse ~_~.. Also i cant seem to find any info(what collections) regarding the shoes, will be very grateful for any info. Attached fit pic please be gentle.
worship.gif

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice pickup at Wal-Mart!

EDIT: Oh, nvm, I didn't know you paid more than $10 for them.

SmallFishWang

Reaction score
sigh i guess it does looked kinda cheap, but actually in person the quality is really nice.. oh well.. i am still learning ~_~ thanks for the feedbacks

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If you told me they cost about $40-50 and you got them at Rockport I'd believe it.

SmallFishWang

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
If you told me they cost about $40-50 and you got them at Rockport I'd believe it.

ouch ~_~ yea i can see what u mean.. sigh, i will use it as a beater or something
blush.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^We've all been there... saw something that in the moment we thought we really liked, then saw that it was on sale, blagh blagh... and we grabbed at it. This is one of the main things to get over, and it's a great feeling when you can finally look at something and know that you really don't want it, and don't get swept up in the (self-created) hype.

That being said, I'm with the others that these are not particularly attractive shoes, nor is the quality going to be great, and I think the situations in which you'll find them wearable will be very limited.

Nevertheless, don't trust SF if you like the shoes. It seems like you don't like them, so we're just reinforcing sort of what you already knew. BUT, live and learn.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I was expecting something a little sleek and shiny for $400 and was planning to tell you to ignore what everyone says and just enjoy them, but TBH those are really pretty bad IMO. Like maybe if you're 60, wearing a baggy polo and big shorts, these are what you'd wear to dinner on a cruise ship or something. Even for Armani I'm suprised. Sorry.

SmallFishWang

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
^We've all been there... saw something that in the moment we thought we really liked, then saw that it was on sale, blagh blagh... and we grabbed at it. This is one of the main things to get over, and it's a great feeling when you can finally look at something and know that you really don't want it, and don't get swept up in the (self-created) hype.

That being said, I'm with the others that these are not particularly attractive shoes, nor is the quality going to be great, and I think the situations in which you'll find them wearable will be very limited.

Nevertheless, don't trust SF if you like the shoes. It seems like you don't like them, so we're just reinforcing sort of what you already knew. BUT, live and learn.

thanks.. yea i am really still learning, trying to build my wardrobe.. i did like it and i still dont think its THAT ugly, its just VERY pricy (i wont embarassed myself further by revealing the price) but maybe thats just because i need to improve my taste. Thanks for the honest opinion though, and yea, live and learn
smile.gif

SmallFishWang

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
I was expecting something a little sleek and shiny for $400 and was planning to tell you to ignore what everyone says and just enjoy them, but TBH those are really pretty bad IMO. Like maybe if you're 60, wearing a baggy polo and big shorts, these are what you'd wear to dinner on a cruise ship or something. Even for Armani I'm suprised. Sorry.
haha its ok, my wife said the same thing when she saw it (ewww thats an old mans shoes)....
facepalm.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^I thought the shoes very unattractive from the start, but when I looked at the tag and saw that it was real cayman and real horsehair, I then thought, "OMG how much were these things?'

If you can return them, i think that would be great. For the amount you spent, it's almost guaranteed that you could have gotten one... maybe even two... pairs of really nice, classic, useful shoes that you'll be wearing for a long time.

I just don't see how you can wear these very often, or why you'd want to.

SmallFishWang

Reaction score
i wish i can return it, but 60% off comes with a price.. oh well, i will try to make it work, maybe i will find a fit that makes this look good!
lol8[1].gif

impossible-is-nothing.jpg

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SmallFishWang
i wish i can return it, but 60% off comes with a price.. oh well, i will try to make it work, maybe i will find a fit that makes this look good!
lol8[1].gif

impossible-is-nothing.jpg

Go for it!

Personally, I don't think they are that bad, but I wouldn't spend too much money on them simply because they are not really my taste anyway.

As a brandwhore like I am, I would be wearing these shoes and keep thinking that these shoes are G. Armani. It would NOT make me feel so bad!

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SmallFishWang
Hi guys my first post in SF after months of reading, i am getting buyer's remorse after buying a Giorgio Armani Shoes today, even after 60% off its still over priced, but it was kinda love at first sight. I guess i wanted to see what u guys think so i can either feel better about myself or feel worse ~_~.. Also i cant seem to find any info(what collections) regarding the shoes, will be very grateful for any info. Attached fit pic please be gentle.
worship.gif

**** i hate ugly shoes. people, just because a garment may have a recognizable name does not mean for **** sake it is a quality piece. this is a classic example. burn em like NOW! now im in a bad mood. you bitches need to stop posting pics of ugly shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads