1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Giorgio Armani Men's Suit (Pic)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Hanqing Yang, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

It's not "dreadful" and if the maker was different the poster would likely be signing a different tune. SF groupthink at it's finest, there (rolls eyes).

2. Hanqing Yang

Hanqing Yang Member

I have a black-fleece suit that is fully canvassed. I can feel a separate layer under the fabric.

For this GA suit, I can't feel a separate layer, either in the chest or in the lapels, so I thought it might be a fused suit. However, I own another Brooks Brother 1818 Milano suit that was half-canvassed (mentioned on its website) and made in Italy but I can't feel a separate layer either. And I also own a fused Boss suit. The feeling for these three suits are pretty similar.

I guess I just cannot tell the difference between a fused suit and a half-canvassed suit.

3. Hanqing Yang

Hanqing Yang Member

Thanks. I think I would keep it even if it maybe a fused suit! Have a good thanksgiving!

4. shilleck

shilleck Well-Known Member

The lapels gave it away..too bad. Time to move on from here.

5. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

It looks good; wear it in good health!

Out of curiosity, what's the material composition? I remember seeing a solid charcoal Armani on myhabit that was a cashmere blend, but I missed out on it.

It's at least probably half canvassed, if not full. If you like the fit, keep it.

6. Hanqing Yang

Hanqing Yang Member

Pin Dot Suit
    Mid-weight wool with an intricate pin dot pattern, 2-button front, 3 interior and front pockets; flat-front pant with side welt and back button-welt pockets, zip fly, tailor-ready hem
    Fabric: 100% Virgin wool
    Lining: 100% Cupro

7. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

If you don't want to keep it, let me know. I'll pay $100 more than you paid for it.

8. suited

suited Senior member

Put This On had an article up last week about the near impossibility of differentiating between half-canvassed and fused. Might be worth giving a read.

9. Hanqing Yang

Hanqing Yang Member

That's my experience also. Can you give me the link for this article? Thanks!

10. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

The labels look right to me. As others have stated, the jetted pockets and full cut trousers are also typical of Armani. I'd say it's legit.

Also I kinda like the suit. Especially at that price. With a bit of tailoring, it should look great.

I know this will garner a bunch of hate, but I actually kind of like some of the polyester and other synthetic blends that Armani uses. :hide:

11. Hanqing Yang

Hanqing Yang Member

The original price is $2,195. Do you think it's normal for a GA suit?

12. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Armani is like Houdini when it comes to fabrics :)

I have a sportscoat that feels like a cashmere blend, and is simply 100% wool, magic...

13. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I have seen more expensive GA label suits, it looks a little humble for his pricing model actually...

14. unbelragazzo

+1. They're usually more like $3k+.

15. Hanqing Yang

Hanqing Yang Member

Yes, that's what I was thinking. I was told that a GA suit is much more than the $2000.

16. unbelragazzo

It's possible it's from quite a few years ago.

17. Hanqing Yang

Hanqing Yang Member

Is there a way that I can find out in what year the suit was manufactured and in which factory? Thanks!

18. hermes man

hermes man Senior member

i have a giorgio armani suit , yea their pants is usually baggy (which i altered mine to be skinny) , what about the vent? Giorgio Armani jacket trademark is to be ventless. i think u got crazy bargain there , a GA suit for only 400$usd ...recently i also got some great bargain from local Giorgio Armani store itself but nothing compared to urs , i guess perhaps because u got it from 3rd party seller thus they offer more discount to get rid of the old stock...anyway what i got recently r 200$us for 750$ t-shirt n 100$+ for a 420$usd shirt... they have 60%-70% discounts on previous year fall winter collections n older ( which is like 3 seasons and older )

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  19. duggyald

duggyald Senior member

I think the lapels are too wide and the pants too long, but the suit itself looks luxurious.

20. Hanqing Yang

Hanqing Yang Member

Can I ask what makes it look luxurious? Thanks!