• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gingham-check tie with white shirt?

findtheshit

Reaction score
-7601nd__20246_zoom.jpg
http://www.ovadiaandsons.com/shop/pr...heck-Tie-.html I have a white shirt with a light grey suit. Will this tie suit the outfit? The outfit is like below pic. Light grey suit. Dark herringbone vest with black outline. White shirt? Anyone recommend any shoes for this outfit? Budget of $200.
5483907617_31291e1c84_b.jpg

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can wear pretty well any tie you can imagine with a plain grey suit and plain white shirt.

findtheshit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
You can wear pretty well any tie you can imagine with a plain grey suit and plain white shirt.

Great thanks for the reply!

Grey suit, dark herringbone vest, white shirt, above tie, black loafers or dress shoes (still looking), black thin belt
+ red-ish pocket square?

Does SF approve? lol

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That tie looks great. I agree that with a tie like that, it's best to tone down the shirt and suit, so white shirt and light gray suit sounds like a winner.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It will be a great look. Make sure everything fits!

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not a fan of that tie but perhaps I lack vision. A photo of the emsemble would be appreciated.

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although I do hope your trousers have higher rise than those in the picture.

Marphisa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tim_horton
That tie looks great. I agree that with a tie like that, it's best to tone down the shirt and suit, so white shirt and light gray suit sounds like a winner.

You said right but If you wear black tie with little shining of purple with white dress will look very good....

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marphisa
You said right but If you wear black tie with little shining of purple with white dress will look very good....

I think I can say with some certainty that him wearing a white dress is unlikely to look good.

alexanduh

Reaction score
whats with the claw hand?

findtheshit

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated.

Will post fit pic once I get everything

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by findtheshit
Anyone recommend any shoes for this outfit?
Budget of $200

Thats a really, really unfair question to ask if you have only linked to "similar" pieces. Post a pic of the whole outfit on you and then it would be best for us to rec something.

mic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by findtheshit
Anyone recommend any shoes for this outfit?
Budget of $200

I find that some good brown or tan suede derbies are frequently sold on the FS forum in that price range or well under... I even picked up some new white suede wingtips here last month. Keep your eyes peeled.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads