• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ginger beer in LA?

mrfloppy

Reaction score
Anyone know any stores that I could find some ginger beer at? Goslings, Barritt's etc...

Thanks!

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dark and Stormies?

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried ginger beer for the first time this year. It was just the carbonated/soft drink version I tried, and I was completely shocked by how strong it was. I'll stick to Canada Dry ginger ale....

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I think it varies.

I've only been able to fid higher-end ginger beers in the states, they tend to be way to strong.

rk9

Reaction score
Depends on what brand you like. I like Fevertree. And the best way to get it is Amazon. As long as you are okay with ordering 24 or whatever bulk quantity they have. And you get free shipping.

asdf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben
^I think it varies.

I've only been able to fid higher-end ginger beers in the states, they tend to be way to strong.

You arent using enough rum.
teacha.gif

willytheg

Reaction score
Okay, to set the record straight on Ginger Ale/Beer. I am an aficionado of Ginger Beer/Ales so I have had quite a bit of exposure as to where/how to buy decent stuff. To start with, Canada Dry sucks. Only recently have they actually added ginger as an ingredient. The best are as follows (along with places in No Ca at least, that carry them). Maine Root Ginger Beer-excellent, Cost Plus usually 2case/week allocation; Ginger People Ginger Beer-has pieces of ginger in bottles, excellent; on Fridays Amazon will occasionally feature this @ $2 bottle but free shipping; Cock & Bull, originally brewed specifically for The Brown Derby, Bevmo carries this; Barrs Ginger Beer-very good, frequently available on Amazon w/ free shipping. Trader Joe's carries some decent ginger beers eg. Reed's-good. Captain Eli's- very good. Best value in Ginger beer/ale: Vernors, some supermarkets. This is generally inexpensive because they do no advertising. It doesn't look "high-end" but it way better than Canada Dry. Amazon has a couple of other Ginger Beers that are priced as premium but don't taste premium. These include (this is a list of brands to avoid) Fever Tree, Filbert's and a brand whose name escapes me but it comes in 16 oz. bottles and has a penguin on label. Boylan's is another that packages itself as top shelf but can't compete with the better labels.

A couple that Amazon carries that are good-comparable to Reed's-but not great are Regatta and a great value Reggae Style Ginger Beer (cheap, comes in 2 liter plastic bottles). Blenheim seems like it will be decent because they make it hot but it has very little ginger in it.

I drink this stuff straight. If you are looking for a mixer, there might be characteristics that you do or don't prefer. Sorry if this sounds too dogmatic but Ginger Beer/Ale is the only beverage I drink so I've spent a lot of time tasting it. Boycott Schwepps & Canada Dry.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willytheg
Okay, to set the record straight on Ginger Ale/Beer. I am an aficionado of Ginger Beer/Ales so I have had quite a bit of exposure as to where/how to buy decent stuff. To start with, Canada Dry sucks. Only recently have they actually added ginger as an ingredient. The best are as follows (along with places in No Ca at least, that carry them). Maine Root Ginger Beer-excellent, Cost Plus usually 2case/week allocation; Ginger People Ginger Beer-has pieces of ginger in bottles, excellent; on Fridays Amazon will occasionally feature this @ $2 bottle but free shipping; Cock & Bull, originally brewed specifically for The Brown Derby, Bevmo carries this; Barrs Ginger Beer-very good, frequently available on Amazon w/ free shipping. Trader Joe's carries some decent ginger beers eg. Reed's-good. Captain Eli's- very good. Best value in Ginger beer/ale: Vernors, some supermarkets. This is generally inexpensive because they do no advertising. It doesn't look "high-end" but it way better than Canada Dry. Amazon has a couple of other Ginger Beers that are priced as premium but don't taste premium. These include (this is a list of brands to avoid) Fever Tree, Filbert's and a brand whose name escapes me but it comes in 16 oz. bottles and has a penguin on label. Boylan's is another that packages itself as top shelf but can't compete with the better labels.

A couple that Amazon carries that are good-comparable to Reed's-but not great are Regatta and a great value Reggae Style Ginger Beer (cheap, comes in 2 liter plastic bottles). Blenheim seems like it will be decent because they make it hot but it has very little ginger in it.

I drink this stuff straight. If you are looking for a mixer, there might be characteristics that you do or don't prefer. Sorry if this sounds too dogmatic but Ginger Beer/Ale is the only beverage I drink so I've spent a lot of time tasting it. Boycott Schwepps & Canada Dry.

Excellent first post!

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
The absolute worst ginger beer I've ever had is Goya. It's like they put a pound of raw pepper in each bottle. The capsicum is just unreal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads