• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gin

Bouji

Reaction score
Rank your gins...

1. Miller's Westbourne Strength
2. Tanqueray No. 10
3. Miller's Gin
4. Tanqueray
5. Bombay Saphire
6. Plymouth
7. Xoriguer Mahon Gin
8. Gordon's

Stax

Reaction score
1. Hendrick's
2. Plymouth
3. Sapphire (what I usually drink)
4. Magellan
5. T. 10

Bouji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stax
1. Hendrick's
2. Plymouth
3. Sapphire (what I usually drink)
4. Magellan
5. T. 10

Do you buy Hendrick's online. I like it once in a while; but for purity I feel Tanqueray and Miller's have the edge, although Hendrick's is a pleasant taste.

Do you drink it with tonic?

Stax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bouji
Do you buy Hendrick's online. I like it once in a while; but for purity I feel Tanqueray and Miller's have the edge, although Hendrick's is a pleasant taste.

Do you drink it with tonic?

No, I don't buy it online and I rarely drink it. If I am at a bar that has it, however, I will order it in a dry Martini or with tonic, but only if I can get a cucumber garnish. Limes and olives destroy the nose of the rose petal and cucumber infusion.

Most of the time, I drink Sapphire. T 10 is my other go-to gin.

Bouji

Reaction score
No, I don't buy it online and I rarely drink it. If I am at a bar that has it, however, I will order it in a dry Martini or with tonic, but only if I can get a cucumber garnish. Limes and olives destroy the nose of the rose petal and cucumber infusion.

Most of the time, I drink Sapphire. T 10 is my other go-to gin.

Do you know of Fever Tree tonic, I find Schwepps runis it, but most of the time that's all that one can get in the UK, even at better places.

Stax

Reaction score
Do you know of Fever Tree tonic, I find Schwepps runis it, but most of the time that's all that one can get in the UK, even at better places.

Fever Tree is new to me. I haven't seen it in the States. Canadian Club and Schwepps are the only two tonics I ever see.

Bouji

Reaction score
Fever Tree is new to me. I haven't seen it in the States. Canadian Club and Schwepps are the only two tonics I ever see.

One really notices the difference, it has a lot more quinine, is more carbonated, has has no artificial sweetners (rather cane sugar), and is less sweet than Schwepps. I've never had Canadian Club, is that any better?

Stax

Reaction score
One really notices the difference, it has a lot more quinine, is more carbonated, has has no artificial sweetners (rather cane sugar), and is less sweet than Schwepps. I've never had Canadian Club, is that any better?

Fever Tree sounds good. I wonder if I can get it on-line.

I am not sure I could tell the difference between Canadian Club and Schwepps in a blind taste test.

Goblin

Reaction score
mojo-nixon.jpg

Bombay, Tanqueray, Gordon's or generic
Bathtub gin made by Eric

Stax

Reaction score

One reason you may have never heard of Canadian Club tonic is because I am screwing the name up.

I am thinking of Canada Dry tonic, not Canadian Club. The later is a whiskey.

In any case, Canada Dry is not much better than Schwepps, I suppose.

Bouji

Reaction score
One reason you may have never heard of Canadian Club tonic is because I am screwing the name up.

I am thinking of Canada Dry tonic, not Canadian Club. The later is a whiskey.

In any case, Canada Dry is not much better than Schwepps, I suppose.

As far as I know Canada Dry only sell ginger ale in the UK.

Fever Tonic is availble here online http://www.thedrinkshop.com but I don't know whether they ship to the US.

Stax

Reaction score
As far as I know Canada Dry only sell ginger ale in the UK.
Ginger Ale is probably their biggest seller in the US, as well.

Fever Tonic is availble here online http://www.thedrinkshop.com but I don't know whether they ship to the US.
Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Bouji

Reaction score
Anyone had any experince with Xoriguer Mahon Gin?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads