1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gilt users: beware.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mr. Moo, May 12, 2010.

1. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

One of the items shipped last night with a 1 week delivery time. They were ordered at the same time. Shipping is via UPS Ground.

2. TxdoHawk

TxdoHawk Senior member

This is far from the first Gilt screw-up I have heard about, plenty of stories of people getting something in the wrong size or damaged goods, months and months ago.

OP, I get why you made the thread, but you're pretty late on this. Everyone should know at this point that Gilt dealings carry inherent risk. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying something like this probably doesn't deserve a thread at this point.

3. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

^ what he said.

Seriously, while this is a legitimate beef, it's like the 25th item down the list of things that are wrong with Gilt at this point.

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

they shipped my rick tanks 2 days ahead of schedule. bastards!

me too [​IMG]

5. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

I have now had 3 sales proxied from Gilt and have been ecstatic about the stuff I got from each one.

6. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

Great thread is great.

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

+1. But, it's hardly just a single poster and seems more of a general trend. A lot of members here (and, I assume, IRL as well) want Filene's basement bargain pricing with Bergdorf-Goodman full-retail customer service.

It even happens in the sales area here; somebody offers something 90% off what you paid for it, and the buyers want free express shipping, or for you to eat the paypal fees, or for you to take off work so you can ship it to them within an hour of them sending payment. If you don't do this, they bitch and moan. AND, then it's great when you jump through hoops to help a member/buyer and then they get buyer's remorse and try to make you take the item back after they've used it.

Moo just seems like a very difficult customer to please (given this and some of his other threads about dissatisfaction with service). I think he ought just to buy B&M and at retail to ensure he'll be pleased.

The nice man in charge of the Bergdorf Goodman scent counter gave me a full bottle of Knize Ten gratis.

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

That grass is misplaced. In about a year some poor bastard will be digging it out b/c it got too big.
    That's why he planted it in the middle of a firepit, thinking ahead [​IMG]
    LOL at buying new car. Prioritize expenses and one day you too can move out of your moms basement.
    Moo drive '83 Celica [​IMG] My grass, bigger than a bridge. Your grass, look like a little kid's My grass is like super-sized. Your grass look like 2 fries My grass, more mass than the Earth. Your grass half-mast, it needs work My grass served a whole luncheon. Your grass look like a munchkin My grass won't fit down the chimney. Your grass is like a kid from the Philippines

9. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

^hahahaha, i was just reciting the original in my head a couple hours ago, A+ for creativity

10. BB1

BB1 Senior member

The first several times I ordered from GILT, everything came UPS 3-day. But after returning everything I buy, they appear to have switched me to UPS Ground as my new standard. [​IMG] This makes me wonder if they rank the value of their customers, and only offer UPS 3-day to customers they deem the most valuable. Other companies do the same thing. Zappos does UPS Next Day Air for their most valuable ranked customers, but UPS 2-day (or worse) for most everyone else. And many credit card companies do something similar-- highly valuable customers are routed to US call centers, while nearly everyone else's call goes to a call center in India with funny accents. For example with Chase I always get a US call center, yet everyone else I know whom has Chase gets an Indian call center. Moo, my guess is that you don't rank!

11. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Zappos does UPS Next Day Air for their most valuable ranked customers, but UPS 2-day (or worse) for most everyone else.

Interesting thought. I return 9 out of 10 purchases I make out of Zappos, yet I still have free Next Day Air on shoes and clothes.

12. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

BB1 just wanted you to know that he spends enough with Chase to not have to talk to brown people like the plebs.

13. dunkin

dunkin Senior member

just move to the east coast....where the grass is greener and the shipping is faster!!!

14. Vincente Fox

Vincente Fox Member

Thanks for trolling 100% of my posts. You are a huge faggot.

What an assbag you are.