• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gilt Taste

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the folks at Gilt have moved into culinary supplies. See anything worth buying? www.gilttaste.com

The steaks look pretty tasty.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
the meats seem like stuff you can get elsewhere (like the flannery beef), I guess this is for the very loyal Gilt customer.
The funny thing is that Bryan's beef is actually damn well priced in store for what it is. He is a great butcher, really old school, and a damn nice guy.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gilt jumped the shark a while ago.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
tomme de savoie for $25? the ****?

i dunno. not much on there looks like a steal. pretty much standard retails. maybe a bit cheaper than a store in the middle of nowhere where there are no other options. Then again, you can always just go to other sites to buy it but i guess Gilt is trying to create a lifestyle brand type thing where the same people who are into the high fashion and use gilt will use them for "foodie" stuff.

I won't use it but if they want to go after it, why not

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It somehow went from "Get **** you actually want for half price...if you're fast enough" to "get **** you don't really want at a worse price than you can get if you look around a little...but you won't b/c hey we're GILT!".

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ so true. i haven't really seen anything i've really wanted for a long time.

it seems like they sell stuff like nordstrom rack rejects and etc.

bingebag

Reaction score
Gilt's a garbage site with garbage customer service. I've gotten wrong orders on 4 of my 8 gilt purchases. In most cases they only offer Gilt credit. Just a bag of crap, IMO.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The two dozen oysters for ~$34 doesn't look bad. Cheaper than what you'd pay at a bar. But I'm sure I would be told otherwise shortly...

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bingebag
Gilt's a garbage site with garbage customer service. I've gotten wrong orders on 4 of my 8 gilt purchases. In most cases they only offer Gilt credit. Just a bag of crap, IMO.

they offer full returns now. They went to **** when they went public though. Now they have 6 or so spinoffs and "if it doesn't work? **** launch it again with a different name!"

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Instead of counting days on a calender, I count A. Testoni sales on Gilt.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gilt has gone considerably downhill in everything lately...

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
The funny thing is that Bryan's beef is actually damn well priced in store for what it is. He is a great butcher, really old school, and a damn nice guy.

He has a pretty good site. Has anyone tried this:

The Porterhouse cut has become famous as the Tuscan Bisteca Fiorentine mainly because of the unique cooking method it allows. Generally, it is 2.5" to 3" thick (will serve 4-6) and is seared on both sides to give it a good dark look, then finished indirectly by standing it up on the grill with the bone as the base. What this does is allows the bone to act as a heat shield at the point of direct heat while still allowing the high cooking temperature to indirectly surround the steak. And if you pull it off, you look like a pro at the grill, to boot! Go ahead, be a hero.
lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads