• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gilt Made An Error, Should I Keep It!

dustbash

Reaction score
Hello All,

I received my recently ordered suit from Gilt today. I purchased a 42l and received a 42r. What do you think? In my amateur opinion it is fine. Do you see something I don't?

Thanks in advance!

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the look of those pics I'd say Gilt got it right and you made the error.
smile.gif
I wouldn't take the L over that. Sometimes things work out!

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see that a long would have required more extensive alterations. I'll let the more forensic minded posters assess the finer details, but it's basically the right size for you

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Looks good

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the fit is pretty near perfect.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice!

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gilt knows what you want even before you want it

insp86

Reaction score
I don't want to start a new thread... But I don't quite get Gilt. Is the whole point you have to log on exactly when the sale starts and furiously buy things before they sell out? Also, when it comes to suits, how do you find your size that quickly? I'm looking at the Hickey sale, and there's nice stuff but nothing in my size and nothing available.... Maybe I'm missing something, or the point. Can someone explain?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the higher the demand, the harder it is to get it. very complicated

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They did the same thing to me. Sent me the wrong size. Not a very good sign that they did it twice. Even worse sign was that after I had told them that I ordered a 38S and not a 38R, they sent the return form indicating that I had ordered a "38 slim." yikes

dustbash

Reaction score
Originally Posted by insp86
I don't want to start a new thread... But I don't quite get Gilt. Is the whole point you have to log on exactly when the sale starts and furiously buy things before they sell out? Also, when it comes to suits, how do you find your size that quickly? I'm looking at the Hickey sale, and there's nice stuff but nothing in my size and nothing available.... Maybe I'm missing something, or the point. Can someone explain?
I also purchased one of the Hickey suits, it's being shipped now. In the upper right corner they have a size filter. That's the best way to find your suite quickly. You also must log in at exactly noon EASTERN TIME, find it and buy it quickly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads