• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gilt - huge change in return policy!

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Icehawk
http://www.gilt.com/blog/2011/05/16/...eo-kevin-ryan/

Gilt will now be offering full returns if you pay for shipping back - great news in my opinion. They are also going to be expanding what they will accept back to include some of the smaller stuff like belts.

Good news indeed. I won't have to keep selling my gilt credits, from returns, for a loss.

Edit-
spam[1].gif
I have some gilt credits that I am looking to sell. I have $100 and 2 free shipping coupons. I am looking for 70%. Since I have a couple free shipping coupons I can split the credit up. I can order the item and have it shipped straight to you.

jsherman02

Reaction score
I think Amazon's new service is causing some panic.....myhabit.com

I have a friend who runs a label that has been sold on Gilt...very interesting business model. I have noticed that GILT doesn't seem to have nearly as many brands as they once did.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now if only they could figure out a way to stop F-ing up my orders...

Maybe now they will start refunding my orders that they never shipped or sent the wrong items without bitching.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Icehawk
http://www.gilt.com/blog/2011/05/16/...eo-kevin-ryan/

Gilt will now be offering full returns if you pay for shipping back - great news in my opinion. They are also going to be expanding what they will accept back to include some of the smaller stuff like belts.

wonderful. doesn't change the fact that they sell junk.

Business must be bad when they are forced to change.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never really liked Gilt nor have bought anything
bounce2.gif

littlepenny

Reaction score
I have only used Gilt to purchase casual clothes and have had to send most of the items back due to sizing issues. The store-credit-only policy was terrible (great for them though). Good to hear about the change (still don't think I would purchase much from them going forward).

Icehawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
doesn't change the fact that they sell junk.

I think that is pretty harsh - they offer a wide range of quality. I've been happy with most of my purchases.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can I retroactively pay shipping and get my goddamn money refunded instead of having useless Gilt credit?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony Romo
I never really liked Gilt nor have bought anything
bounce2.gif

I never purchased clothes from them, but I did pick up a nice knife set and ordered some other stuff such as a grill that I never received.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek
I never purchased clothes from them, but I did pick up a nice knife set and ordered some other stuff such as a grill that I never received.

Their cutting edge marketing department probably identified you as "100% likely to return" so they saved you the trouble.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I stopped ordering from them because of the returns policy around the time it came out they had been essentially selling outlet merch made for Gilt.

This is a good change, but idon't think it's enough to lure me back into the frenzy and hassle of ordering from them.

Xenos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I stopped ordering from them because of the returns policy around the time it came out they had been essentially selling outlet merch made for Gilt.

I had not heard this. Some of the merchandise was made specifically for Gilt? I'd heard of other lines that make "outlet" merchandise, all on the DL, of course. But Brioni does it too?

eugenelulz

Reaction score
Smart move on their part, I'm gonna be more tempted to purchase from Gilt now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads