Gilt final sale fall out.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dshin, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Gilt - do you know much about the Borrelli field coat I purchased? Does it fit true to size? Is it lined? The page with the info is long gone now... [​IMG]

2. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

Gilt - do you know much about the Borrelli field coat I purchased? Does it fit true to size? Is it lined? The page with the info is long gone now... [​IMG]

What does it matter? You are stuck with it now. You can't return it, you can't get a refund. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Mr. Moo

What does it matter? You are stuck with it now. You can't return it, you can't get a refund. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I hate/love the anticipation! [​IMG]

4. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

There is only so much that our tech team can do; but, you can send your comments to the feedback link that is at the top of it.
    I did that - and so did bmulford as well
    I filled out the survey to make a few suggestions for improvement - only to find it 404'd after hitting the final submit button [​IMG]

5. GiltGroupe

GiltGroupe Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Description
    Washed cotton pocket utility field jacket. Zipper front with snap button hidden placket. Stand up collar, 4 snap button flap pockets. Unvented, interior waistband detailing, snap button cuffs. Total length approximately 33 inches.
    Material
    Body: 100% Cotton, Sleeve Lining: 100% Cupro

If you bought your suit/jacket size you should be fine. But at $99 you'll make it work!

I did that - and so did bmulford as well

Great, thanks!

6. Mr. Moo

Description
    Washed cotton pocket utility field jacket. Zipper front with snap button hidden placket. Stand up collar, 4 snap button flap pockets. Unvented, interior waistband detailing, snap button cuffs. Total length approximately 33 inches.
    Material
    Body: 100% Cotton, Sleeve Lining: 100% Cupro

If you bought your suit/jacket size you should be fine. But at $99 you'll make it work!

[​IMG] Thank you!

Oh and Gilt just shipped the jacket. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Gilt,
    i was confused with this final sale, normally when an item is sold out , it is still viewable but with a label "sold out"

but some were shown as sold out and some all just disappeared.

this morning , when i was checking out the sale while driving to work (yes, texting while driving is illegal)
    i saw a $5000 borrelli navy pinstripe suit that i immediately had to call Gilt and get it ordered over the phone if i could (yes, talking on phone while driving is illegal)

and the rep said there is no sight of the pinstripe suit. he could not find it. was it sold out? or was it just taken down cancelled? is there a way to reserve it for myself if it ever comes to fruition on sale?

(reason why i didnt mind texting and phoning while driving, if i get a 1000 dolllar ticket for the offense, i still save $3500 on the suit !!!!) [​IMG]

8. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

Holy shi.. I totally missed this. Those Borelli jackets look outstanding.

9. GiltGroupe

GiltGroupe Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Gilt,
    i was confused with this final sale, normally when an item is sold out , it is still viewable but with a label "sold out"

but some were shown as sold out and some all just disappeared.

this morning , when i was checking out the sale while driving to work (yes, texting while driving is illegal)
    i saw a $5000 borrelli navy pinstripe suit that i immediately had to call Gilt and get it ordered over the phone if i could (yes, talking on phone while driving is illegal)

and the rep said there is no sight of the pinstripe suit. he could not find it. was it sold out? or was it just taken down cancelled? is there a way to reserve it for myself if it ever comes to fruition on sale?

(reason why i didnt mind texting and phoning while driving, if i get a 1000 dolllar ticket for the offense, i still save $3500 on the suit !!!!) [​IMG]

Some items totally disappear when it's just in a single color and then a few if the multiple colors are tied to the same style will show up as sold out. When that suit sold out it disappeared from the sale.

10. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Some items totally disappear when it's just in a single color and then a few if the multiple colors are tied to the same style will show up as sold out. When that suit sold out it disappeared from the sale.

that is crazy. i had the site up exactly at 9AM pacific, and went straight to the Borrelli and it was the first item listed the suit. and then i called right that second.

meaning the suit in all sizes sold out in the first 60 seconds??

omigod

at least i got the shearling suede coat. i cant believe it.

11. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

From a marketing stand point it would seem wise to leave the posts up so people can see what could have been and be more zealous next time.

12. heynow

heynow Senior member

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

from my experience , their standard UPS ground took 5 business days.

14. JoyDiffusion

JoyDiffusion Senior member

I went to grab the Borrelli loafers in 11.5 = "someone else has it in their cart" [​IMG]

Someone else ALWAYS has my stuff in their cart!

15. nauticagmo

nauticagmo Well-Known Member

Was able to pick up a HF Deerskin coat, and a Borreli wind breaker. Hope they fit!