• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gillette Proglide (New)

WRAdvisor

Reaction score
Well, the wait is finally over and those annoying commercials during sporting events can stop. The new Gillette product is called the Proglide and it's just a redesigned razor. Apparently, the blades are thinner and the comfort strip is bigger.

I tried to get onto the site to get a free one (20,000 available), but they require some kind of PIN, which I don't have. Does anyone have a PIN or a free one they don't want and would give/sell?

They go on sale in stores June 6th I hear.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much will a pack of 5 replacements be, $25? I use 2-blade disposable razors and throw them away after 1 shave. It's much cheaper and works just as good.

WRAdvisor

Reaction score
Trust me, I would LOVE to be able to do that. I have extremely sensitive skin, especially on my neck. I've tried everything and I continue to try the new products...the only thing I havent tried is the Braun Series 7 linear razor. I'm waiting to get one on the cheap instead of full retail of $220

TylerDurden

Reaction score
I have a old school safety razor and just started using a Gillette Fusion recently. I have to say, the Fusion gave me a better shave then my Safety Razor, and it won't nick my skin, unlike the SR. Before the safety razor a spent a few years shaving with the cheapest disposable bic razors I could find, and the shave sucked.

Im not to happy about the cost of the refills though.

I don't see any reason to switch to the Proglide, it's just a Fusion that costs more.

I use Barbasol to shave with it (costs $1 for a can of cream). Surprisingly for $1 per can it does a good job.

mcs5280

Reaction score
Check out this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=124451621 People are constantly posting links with new pins. You can order a bunch of razors from Gillete; just use a different name and email address for each order. There are people that have gotten 10+ free ones this way. I put in my order last week, so mine should be here in a few days.

airblaster503

Reaction score
I am going to order several just for the hell of it. I have been getting bad razor burn lately on my neck so it can't help to try. If it doesn't work though I will probably have to start using a safety razor.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kinase12
Try the links on this page for a free Proglide, when you click on the widget there should be a pin number automatically added. I haven't received it yet, but I'll let you guys know if/when I do.

http://couponpro.blogspot.com/2010/0...r-over-30.html

The bodybuilding link is out of razors, but this one has a page full of different links that work. (thanks for page!)

enjoiii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TylerDurden
I have a old school safety razor and just started using a Gillette Fusion recently. I have to say, the Fusion gave me a better shave then my Safety Razor, and it won't nick my skin, unlike the SR. Before the safety razor a spent a few years shaving with the cheapest disposable bic razors I could find, and the shave sucked.

Im not to happy about the cost of the refills though.

I don't see any reason to switch to the Proglide, it's just a Fusion that costs more.

I use Barbasol to shave with it (costs $1 for a can of cream). Surprisingly for $1 per can it does a good job.

Stop being so cheap.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rich_202
I use a DE razor and have aboslutely no desire to switch back. About six months ago, I thought that I'd give my old fusion a shot to see what it felt like. I took one pass, and pulled out my merkur to finish the job.
fight[1].gif

x2 on a Merkur Double Edge. I have very sensitive skin and thought this would be hell on my skin, but it surprisingly smoother than 3, 4, or 5 blade razors. It does take a little practice to get used to but I could never switch back now. And the cost is ridiculous in comparison.

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WRAdvisor
Trust me, I would LOVE to be able to do that. I have extremely sensitive skin, especially on my neck. I've tried everything and I continue to try the new products...the only thing I havent tried is the Braun Series 7 linear razor. I'm waiting to get one on the cheap instead of full retail of $220

Maybe the razor isn't the problem? Some ideas:

Purchase a fog resistant shower mirror - Shaving in the shower greatly reduces irritation as you face has been in hot water and the pores are open. The second you shut off the water and step out of the shower, your skin begins to cool and the pores tighten.

Hot towel soak and pre-shave oil - A hot towel is what barbers use before they shave you, again it opens up those pores and makes it easier to shave. Pre-shave oil can be put in the sink with hot water to warm it and then applied to make the blade glide more easily.

Women's shaving products - The Venus and razors like it have huge comfort strips, and a moisturizing body wash used on the face will help make your skin supple. Of course, this may or may not affect your male ego.

If you've "tried everything" including those, then I very much doubt the proglide will help as shaving in the shower is the easiest, most comfortable shave you can have.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WRAdvisor

You can get it for a considerable discount at, for example, Amazon.com.

svelten

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
How much will a pack of 5 replacements be, $25? I use 2-blade disposable razors and throw them away after 1 shave. It's much cheaper and works just as good.

Refills are about $4 each on Amazon. I've only used electric shaver and disposables in the past so I don't know how long these blades can last for. I'm not going to bother if they won't even last me at minimum two weeks.

mcs5280

Reaction score
I got my free one today. Took about a week and a half. I should've ordered like 20...those refills are kinda pricey.

WRAdvisor

Reaction score
Yeah, I picked one up at Walmart the other day in a Trial Pack. I got the Electric Razor with two blades and a bunch of Gillette shaving junk for 12 bucks. I've used the razor and I can tell a difference from the other Gillette products....but at $17 bucks for refills, not sure it's worth it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads