GIIN - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GIIN, May 2, 2016.

1. GIIN

GIIN Well-Known Member Affiliate Vendor

Thanks so much for your feedback, @lfl , we're very glad you like them! Much appreciated.

Cheers,
    The GIIN Team
    Frank and Jen

2. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

I've had the undershirt (size S) for some time now and can say that it has held up well! I normally wear somewhere around EU 46 in jackets, to give you an idea on size. Color works well under light shirts and the scoop neck, while strange at first, is appropriate to wear when you're not wearing a tie.

It hasn't misshapen and still feels like new. The "non-seam seams" are still intact. It has never seen a dryer, nor have my other shirts, and that is probably for the best.

The only thing I'd have to say is that it tends to ride up when the shirt is untucked. I have worn it almost exclusively with tucked-in shirts and it's been brilliant (no bunching, coming untucked with normal movements, etc.). I'll also say I haven't seen it stretch in weird places like I have with normal cotton undershirts.

I'd happily replace all of my undershirts with these!

3. goatamous

goatamous Senior member

So i received this shirt from GIIN about 5 weeks ago, and wanted to wait until I wore it a few times before giving it a review.
    Before I start, just wanted to acknowledge how great Jen has been with communication and size recommendation.

Initial reaction when receiving the package: I was thoroughly impressed with the packaging of the shirt. Came in a nice box with the company emblem embossed in the packaging.
    Initial reaction of the shirt is that it's very soft, and the deep plunge of the collar is great since i don't always wear a tie. Definitely different than any of the typical white undershirts that I wear.

With that said, I'll call this shirt "Solutions to issues I didn't know existed"

The shirt is soft, form fitting,and is great under a dress shirt.
    I've washed it a couple of times now and it's remained as soft as the first day I got it. It does not lose it's shape, and does not ride up or bunch, so it's comfortable to wear all day.
    In contrast, I wore one of my regular white undershirts the next day: suddenly i noticed a twist, or when it bunched up, or when it would ride up. I found myself making adjustments that I subconsciously made in the past, however now I was noticing.

Honest initial reaction (before receiving the shirt): "it's just an undershirt. It's probably comfy, but what's the big deal?"
    After owning it, it really does make a big difference vs. the regular shirts I was wearing. This is officially my "formal" undershirt.

Thanks again to GIIN!

4. GIIN

GIIN. Now available online.

The foundation of a great wardrobe starts with our undershirt and boxer briefs. Now available in Nude and Grey.

Perhaps the most perfect menswear accessory - Our hand-made boutonnière comes in eight exquisite colours.

IMG_0882.PNG

5. GIIN

6. GIIN

Our handmade boutonnière in Lavender

All of our boutonnières are made from miniature roses. The creation process involves our artisan carefully picking petals off each flower and putting them back together in the likeness of a rose.

The roses have been treated with a revolutionary technology, patented by our artisan in Japan to maintain their delicate, life-like appearance for years to come.

Available in eight exquisite colours

IMG_0338.JPG

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017 at 7:03 PM

7. Fashionsense

Fashionsense Senior member

I guess I'm the few lucky ones to get my hands on these beauties before they were officially launched. Thanks guys!!
    THESE ARE INCREDIBLE, specially after I learned how they are made!! These are art pieces if you ask me.
    I have 4 colours so far, and I intend to collect all 8.
    (The picture is not doing it justice, sorry!)
    FullSizeRender.jpg

8. GIIN

@Fashionsense, glad you like our boutonnières. And yes, they are quite special, not a bad idea to collect them all! Do take more photos of them and share away!

Cheers,
    Jen

9. GIIN