• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gift suggestions for a woman that just delivered a baby

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The woman in question runs the dance school I go to with her husband and she's great so i thought i'd get her something just to show my appreciation for running a tight ship, even up until the week before she delivered. Any suggestions? I assume she had a baby shower so i'd rather not get her that kind of thing...

ninjapie

Reaction score
Dancing shoes for the baby, that's cute. On a serious note, rompers (I don't know if they are called like that over there, too) usually are fine. These things usually get dirty really fast. You should also upsize them a bit, because babies tend to grow out of them pretty fast. This will save the person in question time, because getting new ones every months sucks.
Romper.jpg

Jen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to give her a gift, then make it something for her. She will be getting lots of things for the baby already. Perhaps some sort of "pamper yourself" care package. There are some great home spa products that you can even get at the drug store. Put that together in a basket with some herbal teas, a nice box of chocolates (speaking for myself here), etc. Flowers are also nice. If you know of a good place, a massage gift certificate (some place like Burke Williams) is a great gift, though it may be a while before she takes the time to use it.

ninjapie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jen
If you want to give her a gift, then make it something for her. She will be getting lots of things for the baby already.

Perhaps some sort of "pamper yourself" care package. There are some great home spa products that you can even get at the drug store. Put that together in a basket with some herbal teas, a nice box of chocolates (speaking for myself here), etc.

Flowers are also nice.

If you know of a good place, a massage gift certificate (some place like Burke Williams) is a great gift, though it may be a while before she takes the time to use it.

Ah, yes. Sorry, I misread GQgeek's post.

Well if it's not for the baby, I concur.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
book gift certificate, if it is the first, they should get some reference material, if not, they probrably would still like reading material.

careful with foodstuff, port partum emotions can be weird.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about a book on, parenting? I've seen a number of eye opening, volumes.
4896re2.jpg

Jen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually prefer to pick out that sort of book for myself...though an amazon gift certificate might be nice.
Online shopping is a great way to pass the time when the little one won't sleep at 3am.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jen
If you want to give her a gift, then make it something for her. She will be getting lots of things for the baby already.

Perhaps some sort of "pamper yourself" care package. There are some great home spa products that you can even get at the drug store. Put that together in a basket with some herbal teas, a nice box of chocolates (speaking for myself here), etc.

Flowers are also nice.

If you know of a good place, a massage gift certificate (some place like Burke Williams) is a great gift, though it may be a while before she takes the time to use it.

There's actually a great spa right up the street from the dance studio. I'm pretty clueless about massage treatments though. Do you mind taking a look and making a suggestion?

http://www.spadiva.ca/e_massage.htm

And what kind of flowers would be appropriate?

Thanks, Jen.

MrSmith2U

Reaction score
My good fellow, midwives deliver babies everyday and I see no need to present a present. If you absolutely must, I am sure a box of quality chocolates or some flowers would be appreciated to acknowledge the midwife's assistance in delivery.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrSmith2U
My good fellow, midwives deliver babies everyday and I see no need to present a present. If you absolutely must, I am sure a box of quality chocolates or some flowers would be appreciated to acknowledge the midwife's assistance in delivery.

The title of the thread wasn't exactly concise. I think i had a brain fart when I wrote it. What I meant to say was that she had just given birth, not that she had assisted in the delivery ;p

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
There's actually a great spa right up the street from the dance studio. I'm pretty clueless about massage treatments though. Do you mind taking a look and making a suggestion?

http://www.spadiva.ca/e_massage.htm

And what kind of flowers would be appropriate?

Thanks, Jen.

GQ - women go a little nuts after they give birth. they may not want anyone touching them, or they may want it. they may feel very uncomfortable in their bodies. they may have trouble eating certain things, or feel very fat and want to diet. unbelievaby hard to say, until you see a specific women for a specific pregnancy.

safer to stay away from massage treatments, in my opinion.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get her a vacuum cleaner. Or some dishrags.

peepwall[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads