Gift suggestion for graduation of brother's fiance?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by southbound35, May 4, 2009.

1. southbound35

southbound35 Senior member

My brother's fiance is graduating from optometry school next week.

Any suggestions for a good gift? Using the search function, I found a thread suggesting a nice pen. Any other good ideas? Or, if a pen is the way to go, any suggestion on model of pen?

Accidentally cross-posted on General Chat.

2. Aperipan

Aperipan Senior member

My brother's fiance is graduating from optometry school next week. Any suggestions for a good gift? Using the search function, I found a thread suggesting a nice pen. Any other good ideas? Or, if a pen is the way to go, any suggestion on model of pen? Accidentally cross-posted on General Chat.
    Personalized custom leather goods? A pen is nice but not everyone can appreciate it. For example, I collect pens so I would faint if someone gives me an old button fill Chilton. However, if I receive another cross BP, I'd probably toss it. With personalized gifts, people will use if it has their name on it. Even a personalized flask is a good idea. http://www.classicluggage.com/Classi...aits_you_.html offers many quality brands with the option of personalization. I'd also recommend David Hampton of London. They offer MTM leather goods with personalization. But wait time is up to 1 month for delivery. http://www.davidhampton.com/ You can always buy a quality leather item and get it personalized locally since you only have one week.

3. southbound35

Thanks for the suggestion. I think a personalized leather item might work. Now, to find that leather item...I'll look at sites you suggested.

Thanks again.

4. buckeye75

buckeye75 Active Member

I don't know if this would be appropriate or not, but I saw these new high-tech looking wallets called "ACM Wallets" that appear to be push-button operated within a stainless steel cover:

http://www.acmwallet.com/

I don't know if this would be considered tacky or cheap, but I know this would make a good gift for SOME type of occasion. I understand the gift should be proportionate to the accomplishment, so I doubt this $40 gift would say, "CONGRATS" quite like something a bit more meaningful. Price is always a factor that seems to fluctuate depending on the gift-giver's relationship to the receiver. Good luck!

5. southbound35

6. buckeye75

buckeye75 Active Member

Gilt has a nice-ish leather tote for $238. Thoughts?

I don't know exactly how you rate the quality of those bags but it looks like something nice my girlfriend would want. I always try buying them off ebay but it's so hard making sure it's not a fake.

7. Gwarg

Gwarg Senior member

I don't know exactly how you rate the quality of those bags but it looks like something nice my girlfriend would want. I always try buying them off ebay but it's so hard making sure it's not a fake.

I think the brother's fiancÃ[​IMG] is male, hence only one e.

8. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

pick up one of these....great shirt....

[​IMG]