1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gift for g/f dilemma.

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by aspriel, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

that's either a Ride or Chapterhouse album cover?

-Jeff

Ride - Nowhere [​IMG]

2. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I know Toshiba makes the harddrives in the ipod. Samsung makes the flash ram for the new smaller ipods (nano and shuffle). Can't find anywhere where it says that toshiba makes the ipods entirely. Also, the gigabeat is only a wopping $40 cheaper. http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-MES30V...&s=electronics If you want to be a pioneer, just hold out for the new Microsoft Zune: http://www.wired.com/news/columns/0,...l?tw=rss.index Some cool features. It will be "made by" Toshiba as well and heavily based off the gigabeat. Some cool new features in the Zune, wifi music sharing and searching. Honestly, I think the regular ipod is too big and bulky. I like the mini the best because I think they are the perfect size (i have a silver). I'm glad they finally redesigned the nanos to have the nice metal casing like the minis. If I were you I would just get her the 4gb pink mini. It is a good size and 4gb is plenty of music to last you the week. It is $199 also, even cheaper with a student discount, which is pretty easy to get. The nanos are good also becaue if you drop them, the flash is a lot more durable than the mechanical harddrive. Plus everything already supports the iPod, car player docks etc. And it is multi platform, it will play on all 3 big OS.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Oh, in case you are still thinking about the scarf, it's $99 at the Burberry outlet, and comes with a free pair of gloves as well. I picked some up for relatives today while at the Cabazon outlet.

4. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

I say go for above, that sounds like a good deal, I like that scarf posted earlier too.

On the iPod subject, I was misinformed (by a Toshiba rep none the less). As for the price point, my little brother was able to buy a 40gig Gigabeat for less than $200 earlier this year. I personally do not own either iPod or Gigabeat. I own the last gen middle of the line Sony Hi-MD (1gb storage one one disk that is less than $5 a pop, still lets me play my old MDs, I can edit mixes on the fly, and I do not have to degrade the quality of my music to MP3 status if I do not choose to do so) and some big MDR-V500 DJ phones.

So yeah, I was thinking of kind of doing the same for my girlfriend for Christmas but getting her a scarf would be pointless as my mom made her a very nice microsuede crocheted scarf. I bought her a Pink DS Lite just for the hell of it when I was in Japan. So scarf and electronic entertainment device for her daily train ride are out of the quiestion.

5. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

On the iPod subject, I was misinformed (by a Toshiba rep none the less).

Don't listen to a salesman, they never know anything. If anything, I'd call the tech support at one of the companies and see if they know anything, but they probably won't tell you anyways due to restrictions. They wouldn't even tell me what city they were in once. And Level 1 tech support is probably just some salesman that got demoted anyways. Google is really the only way to find these things out.

6. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

Don't listen to a salesman, they never know anything. If anything, I'd call the tech support at one of the companies and see if they know anything, but they probably won't tell you anyways due to restrictions. They wouldn't even tell me what city they were in once. And Level 1 tech support is probably just some salesman that got demoted anyways. Google is really the only way to find these things out.

heh, well I figured I could trust my brother being as he is a manager and all. Ill have to kick his ass next time I see him.