• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gift for a Nurse?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, on Saturday I am going to a party for a friend of mine who is graduating as an RN. Need a nurs-y sort of gift...any ideas? Usual standbys of spa/massage certs are to frequently received to be used (other people have this problem, hence the frequency). Am already giving her a couple bottles of good wine as a thanks for some help she gave me, so that's out, too. She's married with kids, so none of the things addeled minds may come up with, eh?

Timing is an issue, and I won't be back to SF until tonight, but overnight from Amazon could work, receiving it Sat afternoon would be fine.

Thanks,
Huntsman

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gifts from L'Occitane are always welcome.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Give her a ZERO money case.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Buy her one of these outfits for on-the-job wear.

LA-83076%20%20Naughty%20Nurse%20%203%20pc%20Costume.jpg

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Depends on how much you'd like to pay, but this is familiar territory since my mother's a RN and oddly enough her birthday's coming up.

A digital photo frame has probably been one of the best ideas I've had. She keeps it on her desk and loves how it constantly scrolls through sceneries, family events, etc. Crocs have become a staple in her office and loved her pair so much she immediately ordered a second pair in another color.

Aside from that, the perennial favorite has been cosmetics/perfume.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nursin_07

Reaction score
Nursing Staffing agency is an International nurse staffing agency offering various nursing jobs like temporary, permanent and traveling nursing jobs in reputed healthcare facilities worldwide. The company specializes in placement of nurses in various countries like USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand and Ireland by providing complete visa guidance with support for relocation to any preferred job location. For more details please visit http://www.nursingstaffingagency.com

As an international nurse coming to work in the abroad, it seems to be like a confusing and complex process. But at Nursing Staffing Agency can help you to simplify it by doing much of the work for you by providing all necessary international nursing agency support like relocation support, visa documentation and complete guidance during your travel to the job location.

- diana

Garfieldthecat

Reaction score
How about hand lotion? Most nurses I know have dry hands from putting on and taking gloves off all day, and washing your hands between glove use. That tends to be hard on the skin.

Or maybe gift cards for stores with hand lotion?

For a more work-related gift, how about a Littman Stethoscope ? These are "the" stehoscope to have where I work. Plenty of stores sell them.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of hand-made chocolates and girls always love them. I'm lucky being in montreal because there's 4 or 5 exceptional chocolatiers.

This place is great, for future reference, but the border will kill you if you're in a big rush.
http://www.chocolatsgg.com/cartean.html

Doh! A little late with my suggestion...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads