1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gift for a Headhunter?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Hawkeye, Jul 1, 2006.

1. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

Hmm, well I'm going to get them thank you cards, because I want to keep on their good sides, always good to have a contact to fall back on. So, since they got so much of this years salary, should I expect it to kick up next year? That would be a nice little surprise. All in all though, I can't be angry, I got the job I wanted in a great company, so even if they got a lot of my money, I kinda think it was worth it in the end.

your new employer basically paid them a chunk of change to find an employee. don't take the 'percentage of salary' thing too literally - it wasn't ever going to be your money. although you can take some heart in the fact that they needed you enough to have paid someone to find you. it's not much of a bargaining chip at salary review time, though.

2. muelleran

muelleran Senior member

your new employer basically paid them a chunk of change to find an employee. don't take the 'percentage of salary' thing too literally - it wasn't ever going to be your money. although you can take some heart in the fact that they needed you enough to have paid someone to find you. it's not much of a bargaining chip at salary review time, though.

Yes, they don't take your money literally - it is just a means by which their fee is being calculated. [​IMG]
    In my experience it does help that your employer had to pay someone to find you. To quote Jerry Weinberg: "The more they pay you, the more they repect you". One big advantage I had getting my jobs through headhunters was that the headhunters could advise me about the maximum I could ask for salary, I know now that that gave me an extra 10%. [​IMG]