• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gift for a college grad

greg

Reaction score
My friend's son is graduating this weekend from Brown and I want to give the kid something but I have no clue what college kids like these days. He's not a reader, comfortably well off and an all-around nice kid. I'm not too fond of money or gift-certificates because I always think they're an easy way out? My roommie told me to get him a year's subscription of Maxim. Hmmmm. Any suggestions guys? My budget's $50-75 max. Thanks..

Dre

Reaction score
Maybe this would have been more usefull BEFORE college, but, a beer stein is a pretty cool gift to give a young guy.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about a sterling silver money clip?  As has been noted on this forum, a money clip is an elegant and tasteful accessory.  I have a Tiffany's money clip that set me back around $60.  You might even be able to get it monogrammed.

If your friend's son wears French cuff shirts, a pair of stylish cuff links would also make a nice gift.  Sterling silver is appropriate here too.  I particularly like the cuff links made out of typewriter keys.  I remember seeing them in the Ben Silver catalog a few years back, but don't remember how much they go for.

NavyStyles

Reaction score
Yeah, last year, I got two of my friends monogrammed sterling silver pocket knives. They really turn out nice, because it's smething useful and (with the monogram) personal. Will he soon have a place of his own? If so, some type of household item might work.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about blazer buttons with the college insignia on them? A must "touch" for a navy blue blazer. It identifies the "old alumnus".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads