• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gieves & Hawkes (No. 1 Savile Row) Navy Flannel Chalk Stripe Suit, SB, Like New

M. Charles

Reaction score
Gieves & Hawkes (No. 1 Savile Row) Navy Flannel Chalk Stripe Suit, SB
Absolutely gorgeous suit in near perfect condition. It looks as though it's been worn only one or two times if at all. Navy with light chalk stripe. Pleated trousers. Single Breasted. Definitely authentic. Measurements: Shoulders: 19 1/4"; chest 22 1/2"; length 31 1/2"; sleeve 27". Trousers measure 36" across the waist and have a 46" outseam. Asking $225 shipped in CONUS.

Note: The circles in the picture are from the camera! Certainly not defects on the suit.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
No. 1 Savile Row, obvs.

Not necessarily.

It might be a licensed version made in America.

Or it might be a made in Italy version.

It should have a country of origin tag. Do you see one anywhere Mr Charles?

M. Charles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Not necessarily.

I can't find a country of origin tag but it appears to be a custom MTM job. There is a tag inside the inside pocket that lists the customer for whom it was ordered.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by M. Charles
I can't find a country of origin tag but it appears to be a custom MTM job. There is a tag inside the inside pocket that lists the customer for whom it was ordered.

Does the inside tag look like this example of a Made in America Gieve and Hawkes:

0205_2%20296.jpg

This is an example of a Made in USA G & H on Ebay

I think the G & H suits that are actually made on Savile Row are relatively rare and the licensed versions and those that say "Bespoke"(but are not made on SR) are much more common though they are still very decent suits.

BTW: Here is an example of a G & H label of a garment made on SR (though this is an older SR label). I think any true SR G & H garment would certainly have a label with the royal warrants shown as is here:

31d2_1.JPG

M. Charles

Reaction score
The tag is printed similarly with lots of numbers, but it's not exactly the same.

Does the inside tag look like this example of a Made in America Gieve and Hawkes:

0205_2%20296.jpg

This is an example of a Made in USA G & H on Ebay

I think the G & H suits that are actually made on Savile Row are relatively rare and the licensed versions and those that say "Bespoke"(but are not made on SR) are much more common though they are still very decent suits.

penguin vic

Reaction score
Not necessarily.

There are also licensed made in Hong Kong versions.

M. Charles

Reaction score
I called this morning and found out the following information based on the numbers on the inside tag: it was ordered through Yale Genton in Springfield, Mass., and it is a Made in USA version. Hope this helps.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll take it,,, pending answers to a few further questions on the sizing - so Dibs!

PM sent

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads