• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Giant Pocket Squares... WTF!?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received a Simmonon-Godard pocket square in the mail today from Ben Silver after hearing how great they are from a few sources. I unpack the thing and it's 18" square!

It's got a glen-check border, but it's so huge I can't make the border stick out of my pocket. It looks good in a puff, but it's so bulky, it's like i got a water bottle stuff in there.

Why do people make such ridiculously large pocket squares?

I could have ordered 2 normal sized ones (12") from Kent Wang......
frown.gif

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
Why do people make such ridiculously large pocket squares?

I don't know, but I feel your pain. I've a couple that are so big they kind of ruin the line of my jacket.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mildly Consumptive
I don't know, but I feel your pain. I've a couple that are so big they kind of ruin the line of my jacket.

It's an ironic and cruel trick that they make stuff with such beautiful fabrics... and give you so much you can't handle it.

dk123

Reaction score
It's an ironic and cruel trick that they make stuff with such beautiful fabrics... and give you so much you can't handle it.

Are you a pocket square virgin?
laugh.gif

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dk123
Are you a pocket square virgin?
laugh.gif

I'm looking at the pocket square lying on my bed with all the regret of a questionable one night stand in the harsh morning light...
blush.gif

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Hermes squares are also oversized and made with a very thick silk. They look great but man to they make your breast pocket bulge. Buyer beware.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It really puzzles me as well. You don't see Hermes making 5" ties because bigger is better.

Eccentric

Reaction score
I too have had a run in with a giant square...I really don't know what the makers are thinking.

JeffsWood

Reaction score
I suggest you cut it into four squares and sell the other three on the B & S forum

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why are you puffing a linen square in the first place?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons I like Luciano Barbera pocket squares is that they are small and fit neatly in any breast pocket.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's cotton

Ah. I thought SG was well-known for their linen, though.

Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
One of the reasons I like Luciano Barbera pocket squares is that they are small and fit neatly in any breast pocket.

Eh. I like the bigger ones; they stay put better. I have a small Luciano Barbera one that falls into my pocket all the time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics