• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gianluca v. Baroni

LexLoci

Reaction score
I am about to buy a new suit, and am debating between a Baroni and a Gianluca Isaia suit, that is fused. Does anyone have an opinion on which would be the better buy? The Gianluca suit is about $100 more.

Thanks

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does it say "Isaia" in the tag ? If it does it is the higher end nonfused one. If it is GianLuca Napoli only then it is fused

LexLoci

Reaction score
The Wizard of Aahs, Baroni.

I have heard all about these great deals you can find on Brioni, but I've never seen a great deal on one in my size on Ebay or anywhere else, and I have looked. I would just like to buy one of these suits as they seem more stylish than the off the rack stuff I have in my closet. I just found the site and am slowly educating myself.

Would the canvassed Gianluca Napoli suit be a better buy than the Baroni? I like the look of it better, but if the quality of the Baroni is better, I would probably hedge that way.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I have not seen one of those Baroni suits in person, I can tell you that Isaia makes a very nice suit, and I would put my money on the Isaia being of higher quality.

For $100 more, I would spring for the Isaia.

Posting a link to each suit would help determine, as well.

LexLoci

Reaction score
I've read all that. I understand it is a good suit, that is why I am considering buying it.

My question is whether the Gianluca Napoli suit is better.

I will post pics soon.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My guess is that they are similar. I own a G Napoli cotton blazer that is very well made. It's unconstructed so there is no issue with canvas but there is picksticking all over and they put great effort into giving the fabric an aged look. I would say this bodes well for the quality of their suits.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, I guess I missed the memo about Baroni not being crap until now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads