• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gianfranco Ferre Suit Made By St. Andrews?

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vince321
While searching the bay, I stumbled upon this listing. http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-FERRE-...1%7C240%3A1318 Does GF have suits made by St. Andrews? Any experience or thoughts regarding this particular line?
I saw those listings but I'm not convinced until I see an inner tag. They are the best looking Ferre suits I've seen. If that isn't fully canvassed I'll eat my hat.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dont know if made by St. Andrews, but I have bought from the seller before. Reliable, albeit with somewhat slow shipping.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Saint Andrew's is known to have made for Ferre, and even without the saintandrews inscription I'd say the detailing is very consistent.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
Saint Andrew's is known to have made for Ferre, and even without the saintandrews inscription I'd say the detailing is very consistent.

+1

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
P.S. Forgot to mention that when I bought from the seller, he accepted my slightly lower price for the item (Zegna couture shoes). So it may be worth for the OP, if he is still interested in the suit, to make an offer, as these suits are not exactly flying off the racks.

vince321

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I asked the seller if he would go lower and post with Buy It Now (for Live discount) and he indicated no chance in a lower price and in fact would increase the cost by $30 if BIN was used, due to higher fees. Is this legit?

I'm tempted to purchase an Oxxford instead and at least be confident in the purchase.

Not sure how much this guy should be trusted??? He does not accept returns.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I considered buying something from this guy a few years ago but didn't due to his crappy attitude and customer service. His items are legit/authentic, but they are old/dead stock and his prices aren't really "steals" by any means. Further, his descriptions are terrible and often are blatantly displaying incorrect information. As well, he is fairly poor returning emails/messages and acts offended if you ask him about his prices or as for further clarification about an item. This was my experience, anyway...

At full retail, this suit (like all Ferre) is ridiculously expensive... but Ferre doesn't sell well at all and at resale fetches next to nothing. So, he should have some maneuverability with his items, many of which fall into this category of "astronomical retail/ abysmal resale" (cavalli, versace, moschino, etc.) Nevertheless, he seems to think that his items are worth every penny he's charging...

So, if you like the item, it's a good suit, nice styling, and not a BAD deal. But, it's not a stellar price for Ferre, which really generally is priced lower. As well, if you decide you don't like the suit, I think you'd have MAJOR trouble ever reselling it for what you paid (if you pay more than probably $250 for it)

As well, in just looking at some of his items... he's had some of these items for YEARS. I think he's got the same Versus jacket I was thinking of purchasing four years ago (haha). So, he's probably thrilled to get rid of them and that's why he won't accept returns.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by smmea
its a fake
I think you're a little late to the game... we've pretty much established that it's not fake. The suit may or may not be a good deal, given certain factors discussed above with the seller... but I don't think authenticity is going to be one of them.

smmea

Reaction score
i se the inside pocked construction, doesent seem GFF nor italian, the other question is - is why is it written two times "made in italy" ?!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads