1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gianfranco ferre shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Classic, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Classic

Classic Senior member

Looking to fellow members for any opinion and or comments on the quality and value ratio of Ferre dress shirts. They are currently being offered in the Toronto area for $70 - 125CND. The tag says Made in Italy, but how do they compare to Canali, BOSS, etc.
    Thanks in advance.

Classic

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

I rather dislike them actually. I think the fabrics are not the best, and they are selling mainly on the name. I think that even at a 50% discount, GFF goods are not the best. I'd say the same thing re: Boss though too. IMO, you are much better off going with, say, Ike Behar or Polo Philip shirts. The latter I would say is one of the better bangs for the buck in OTR shirting. All three you can easily find on sale for under $80 probably. Of course, that assumes you are okay with the fit of those shirts, as well as the patterns.

3. water

water Senior member

I do not rate them very highly. Like johnnynorman, I also think Boss is pretty bad.

4. discostu004

discostu004 Senior member Affiliate Vendor

spend maybe 1 second looking elsewhere and you could probably find a better value for the money.

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Gucci makes better dress shirts if you want the designer items.

I don't like Armani's shirt styles. The Gucci collar is remiscent of Barba.

6. hermes

hermes Senior member

you must be seeing them at winners, as i have, $69.99 each

i think that for the sale prices they are at, they're a decent shirt, some of the patterns are butt ugly though, wait for another two weeks, they go down on further reduction and if you pick them up for $50.00 or so, they'll be fine for the occasional wearing

7. Classic

Classic Senior member

Thanks for the replies.
    Hermes, not only at Winners, but it seems like they are starting to appear everywhere, and I was also wondering if they were being unloaded.

Classic