• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gianfranco Ferré AW09

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
FerrÃ
00a9.png
is back! Most of us (myself included) had written off this brand, but the new designers who have been installed since the master's passing have done a really unique collection that I can't wait to see in stores. Interesting volumes, great pagoda shoulders, and simple, but luxe fabrics and textures. May not be everybody's cup of tea... but I like it. Discuss!

Full collection:
http://men.style.com/fashion/collect...te/thumb/GFMEN

Some Highlights:
00010m.jpg

00230m.jpg

00060m.jpg

00050m.jpg

00150m.jpg

00220m.jpg

00270m.jpg

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like a mid-1980s Pierre Cardin show. Which means Cardin actually was visionary. Who is designing for Ferre now?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would wear that roped-shoulder leather trench.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Looks like a mid-1980s Pierre Cardin show. Which means Cardin actually was visionary. Who is designing for Ferre now?
Tommaso Aquilano and Roberto Rimondi, who were named first for the womenswear after FerrÃ
00a9.png
passed and then were put in charge of the whole brand. It does sort of have a Cardin space-age sort of look to it... maybe that's what I like about it. There is a part of me from childhood that longs to dress like a villain from Star Trek or... best yet... COBRA COMMANDER!

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I wanna see someone design like Courrèges.
Originally Posted by LabelKing
What about Paco Rabanne?
Or Claude Montana! (and recognize the girl in the coat? She's a certain First Lady, now)
defile_montana_femme_carla_bruni.jpg

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to post this but I figured you would instead.

I like it a lot. I can't wear any of it (pagoda shoulders don't work with a 10 drop, astronaut necklines are way too space age for the South), but flair like the reverse-zip leather jacket are awesome.

The voluminous tops are done amazingly too.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
I was going to post this but I figured you would instead. I like it a lot. I can't wear any of it (pagoda shoulders don't work with a 10 drop, astronaut necklines are way too space age for the South), but flair like the reverse-zip leather jacket are awesome. The voluminous tops are done amazingly too.
Agreed on all counts. I probably won't be able to wear much of it, either, but I can't wait to check it out in the Ginza Ferre boutique in Tokyo. As well, I have no idea if they are re-aligning prices from former Ferre, but his runway/mainline tends to be in the Valentino range of self-selective stratospheric pricing (like somewhere above Prada, Gucci, etc., but just less than Hermes). In addition to his sense of volume and structure, use of really interesting fabrics and textures was always a Ferre staple, even when the collections had fallen off the radar. It appears (from first glance) that the new designers have carried all of this over and moved it ahead.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
I would wear that roped-shoulder leather trench.
I think that's a coated cotton or synthetic blend (unless it's a really thin patent leather -- which I doubt because it'd be wrecked after a few wears). And the shoulders aren't roped, they're pagoda.
teacha.gif

Deluks917

Reaction score
If anyone buys me a tube/astronaut neck jacket in medium I promise I'll wear it.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rach showed me this about a month ago and i think its still my fav line from this year. id wear it all!

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
I think that's a coated cotton or synthetic blend (unless it's a really thin patent leather -- which I doubt because it'd be wrecked after a few wears). And the shoulders aren't roped, they're pagoda.
teacha.gif

damn...schooled.

Still I'd wear the hell out of it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads