Gian DeCaro. Any experience with this tailor?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Coburn, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Coburn

Coburn Senior member

I know this is a tired subject for those of us in Seattle but I need to ask one more time. I’m planning to commission a jacket from Gian DeCaro of Seattle.

Has anyone commissioned a suit from DeCaro? What was your experience?

2. Milano62

Milano62 New Member

Hi there,
    I am a long time DeCaro customer. Gian enjoys an impressive list of clientele around the world . He has made me dozens of suits, shirts, trousers..etc...
    I believe Gian is the past President of the national tailors association. I know plenty of Italian Nationals who have their clothing made by Gian. I noticed complaints about his prices... You have to pay to play first, second-I 've had clothes made in Naples,London...if you are concerned about price ,try buying the equivalent there...a greater cost but not a huge difference in quality.
    I wouldn't take simple alterations to him...re-cuts etc..yes...but be prepared to pay..cost is commensurate with the price of his clothing..
    He makes great clothing and is the best tailor west of NYC...

3. GBR

GBR Senior member

First post praising a little known tailor - the wonders of technology rather than genuine experience methinks

4. Cornet

Cornet Active Member

Coburn, did you decide to get a jacket? If so could you share pictures and/or a review of it? There are so few options in Seattle and so little information.