• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ghostbusters

PoppDRRT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This movie is running with some renewed vigor as of late with the news that Ghostbusters 3 is up and running. Classic comedy with some of the old greats, good guys smoking cigarettes back when it was still socially acceptable. I only have one major question..

Can anyone please explain to me why vengkman would carry around 300mg of Thorazine in his pocket while out on a date?

997CTSurg

Alpha-M
Reaction score
Better yet, explain how Venkman, a clinical pyschologist, has Thorazine............

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
******* love that film.

997CTSurg

Alpha-M
Reaction score
I watched it last night.
I made my GF, who is 12 years younger than me, watch it too.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 997CTSurg
Better yet, explain how Venkman, a clinical pyschologist, has Thorazine............

Dude, it was the '80s. Everybody carried that stuff around all the time.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dibidoolandas
"Yes it's true... this man has no dick."

worship.gif

Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I'm not a hater of number 2. The first was much better, but the second is watchable.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
...Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies... Rivers and seas boiling...
... Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
... The dead rising from the grave...
... Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!!!!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the Ghostbusters cartoon? That was one of my favorites growing up.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Does anyone remember the Ghostbusters cartoon? That was one of my favorites growing up.

Very good cartoon. I remember wondering why they had to call it "The Real Ghostbusters", then I saw the rip off version with two guys and a gorilla.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Very good cartoon. I remember wondering why they had to call it "The Real Ghostbusters", then I saw the rip off version with two guys and a gorilla.

Yup, the rip off was horrible.

Fun fact, J. Michael Straczynski of Babylon 5 fame wrote a lot of the early Ghostbuster cartoon episodes. He left the show in later seasons when he was asked to start writing the "black man" as the driver for the rest of the crew. Basically, the higher ups wanted him to demean the character into a lesser role on the team.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Yup, the rip off was horrible.

Fun fact, J. Michael Straczynski of Babylon 5 fame wrote a lot of the early Ghostbuster cartoon episodes. He left the show in later seasons when he was asked to start writing the "black man" as the driver for the rest of the crew. Basically, the higher ups wanted him to demean the character into a lesser role on the team.

It wasn't a ripoff. The cartoon "The Ghostbusters" predates "Ghostbusters" by a few years.

As for Winston, he quite regularly was kept to the background. Ernie Hudson isn't shown on the movie poster along with the other three. Many people argue that that's because the other three were the original Ghostbusters, which is stupid. Any other franchise would have included a character in the poster even if he had just joined the team halfway through the movie. Even the video games cut the character out. I don't think Hudson was too happy about that.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr Huh?
It wasn't a ripoff. The cartoon "The Ghostbusters" predates "Ghostbusters" by a few years.

As for Winston, he quite regularly was kept to the background. Ernie Hudson isn't shown on the movie poster along with the other three. Many people argue that that's because the other three were the original Ghostbusters, which is stupid. Any other franchise would have included a character in the poster even if he had just joined the team halfway through the movie. Even the video games cut the character out. I don't think Hudson was too happy about that.

The name made it a rip off. The movies predate both cartoons.

I have not played the videogame yet, but he is on the game case:
81AOYqEFD0L._AA1500_.jpg

Plus he is on the movie poster for number two:
ghostbusters_ii_ver3.jpg

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr Huh?
It wasn't a ripoff. The cartoon "The Ghostbusters" predates "Ghostbusters" by a few years. As for Winston, he quite regularly was kept to the background. Ernie Hudson isn't shown on the movie poster along with the other three. Many people argue that that's because the other three were the original Ghostbusters, which is stupid. Any other franchise would have included a character in the poster even if he had just joined the team halfway through the movie. Even the video games cut the character out. I don't think Hudson was too happy about that.
The franchise has always had a weird relationship with Winston. It's been my understanding that the marginalization of the character had less to do with racial stereotyping and more to do with Ernie Hudson, for what it's worth. The role was originally written for Eddie Murphy (Dan Aykroyd's SNL buddy at the time), and when Eddie wasn't available, the role was scaled down drastically. It was originally intended to be a starring role. Personally, I think Hudson did a great job with the part. But he wasn't Aykroyd's first choice, and that elephant in the room caused some bad blood between them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads