• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Getting wrinkles out of leather gloves

Egert

Reaction score
Hi,

How do I get wrinkles out of leather gloves. A few months ago when I bought them, they fitted all slim and sexy, but now I'm feeling like putting my hand into some old guys wrinkled and stretched nutsack. They aren't cheap leather gloves by any means, so I'd be happy to wear them a little longer than a half of a seoson.

Getting wrinkles out of jacket is easy, as you can hang them for a few days and then slightly iron with cloth, but I was wondering, is it possible to use low temperature ironing with cloth in between for leather gloves too?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't even know what wrinkled gloves would look like. Can you post pics? Are you sure the gloves are made of leather?

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy new gloves every season.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Egert
Hi,

How do I get wrinkles out of leather gloves. A few months ago when I bought them, they fitted all slim and sexy, but now I'm feeling like putting my hand into some old guys wrinkled and stretched nutsack. They aren't cheap leather gloves by any means, so I'd be happy to wear them a little longer than a half of a seoson.

Getting wrinkles out of jacket is easy, as you can hang them for a few days and then slightly iron with cloth, but I was wondering, is it possible to use low temperature ironing with cloth in between for leather gloves too?

Does it matter?

Egert

Reaction score
Sure, This is not my actual hand or glove and I don't have a camera with me, as I'm not home, but the leather is looking somewhat like that (googled). Palms should obviously get worn out more, but when the top also starts looking like a work glove, it doesn't look aesthetic any more. The leather has just stretched (fitted a lot better new), the microwrinkles, if you can call them that, have deepened and the overall image is just looser.
Righty-Tighty-350x305.jpg

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use the Creme de la Mer moisturizers on my peccary gloves.

You can find more information here:

http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=C...BAd_4951482023

During seasons of wearing, I apply three times a week. I also "rest" my gloves at least THREE days between wearings. So it is essential that you have at least 4 pairs of gloves in your active rotation.

bing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106

During seasons of wearing, I apply three times a week. I also "rest" my gloves at least THREE days between wearings. So it is essential that you have at least 4 pairs of gloves in your active rotation.

This is a dangerous post...

now i have to go buy that creme stuff and buy 3 more pairs of gloves this week.... fuuuuuu

godofcoffee

Reaction score
It's difficult to get the wrinkles out. Suck it up with this pair, and then start buying pebble-grain gloves.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it actually looks better with wrinkles.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leather is skin, it wrinkles in the same way your own hands do, deal with it.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Insensitive
You could try stuffing the gloves and using a similar technique that one would use with a sleeve board on a shirt. Seems a bit OCD but it should work.

Can you not buy glove trees? Is it not the same principle as with shoes?

Originally Posted by lee_44106

Creme de mer? Lulz

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a form of Patina. Learn to like it or buy new gloves each season.

I go with the second option.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure,

This is not my actual hand or glove and I don't have a camera with me, as I'm not home, but the leather is looking somewhat like that (googled). Palms should obviously get worn out more, but when the top also starts looking like a work glove, it doesn't look aesthetic any more. The leather has just stretched (fitted a lot better new), the microwrinkles, if you can call them that, have deepened and the overall image is just looser.

This is perfectly natural and your sensitivity beyond words. It does not look like a work glove - but do you feel such are beneath you hence the reaction?

Nogginn

Reaction score
Sure,

This is not my actual hand or glove and I don't have a camera with me, as I'm not home, but the leather is looking somewhat like that (googled). Palms should obviously get worn out more, but when the top also starts looking like a work glove, it doesn't look aesthetic any more. The leather has just stretched (fitted a lot better new), the microwrinkles, if you can call them that, have deepened and the overall image is just looser.

That's a cheap glove but it's not wrinkled. That's the way gloves look or haven't you been wearing them since you were 1?

Nogginn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek
It is a form of Patina. Learn to like it or buy new gloves each season.

I go with the second option.

Do you have any idea what the word,patina, means?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads