• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Getting ties made

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually don't get my ties made in New York anymore. The tailors I had been dealing with could not handle the work load so I moved all my production to Italy.

I will be getting some ties made in NY when I start up my bespoke service again.

WarpandWeft

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
'morning all, My sister and I are considering making a small run of neckties. She is a designer and I am more business-minded and it is long past the time that we go on an adventure together. Her studies are in pattern design (a perfect fit) but her work over the past few years has been in product design. No less interesting, but it comes with a much different production process. I lean on you, kind StyleForum members, to help us with our first question. I live in NYC and would need to find a production center -- one that would lend an ear, some sympathy and assistance to someone looking to get this off the ground. I imagine that the largest hurdle will be production and its associated costs and schedule. Before we consider design, we need to consider this component. So, where could I go to get neckties made? And does anyone have any experience in this matter and would be willing to assist? I am available via private message. And if I've placed this in the wrong forum, my apologies. Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Vanners will almost certainly be able to help you - go to Vanners.com or contact their agent Mr Shapiro in NYC ([email protected]).

W+W

WarpandWeft

Reaction score
I know of some UK Tie makers who also might be able to help - let me know if you would like some details!

W+W

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics