• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Getting through to Quoddy

bsyde82

Reaction score
So I ordered a pair of quoddy's like back in feb, understanding that it'd take a while to get here. But we're on the verge of May, and still nothing. They sent me some primitive invoice saying the ship date was April 7, but unless they're bringing it over by foot, no way is that accurate.

is there any way to get through to these guys? they're not responding to my emails and I don't see a phone number. This is getting somewhat ridiculous. has anyone experienced a wait this long? i'm almost at 3 months

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
So I ordered a pair of quoddy's like back in feb, understanding that it'd take a while to get here. But we're on the verge of May, and still nothing. They sent me some primitive invoice saying the ship date was April 7, but unless they're bringing it over by foot, no way is that accurate. is there any way to get through to these guys? they're not responding to my emails and I don't see a phone number. This is getting somewhat ridiculous. has anyone experienced a wait this long? i'm almost at 3 months
Is this not their number? 207.853.2488 It's on the front page of their site. I have not had to call them before, but I've heard the woman who usually answers the phone is very nice. I have read about 3+ months waiting times before too, for what it's worth.

bob digital

Reaction score
I ordered in March and never got anything but an invoice and a cc charge. After about 6 weeks I called the number from the website (it took a few times to actually get someone). It seemed like they lost my order and I was told they'd call me back. After a week with no call I emailed Kristen (her email is also on the site). She got back to me the other day and said they hadn't lost my order, that the wait was about 6 weeks, and that I'd be getting an estimated ship date soon. Still waiting on that.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because of all the positive reviews - both for the shoes and the customer service - here and on AAAC (where I have to assume they really know their boat shoes). I think it's just a small co. thats getting a bit overwhelmed by the sudden mainstream popularity of their product.

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Do you have a custom order? If not, cancel your order and get them through O'Connells. I just ordered a pair though them and got them in less than a week. They are only $5 more or something.

My guess is they are stacked with orders from major retailers. Seems as though this brand is exploding in popularity. I hope it does not affect the company -- they are great shoes.

pshaw23

Reaction score
For what its worth. I ordered a pair of boat shoes from them through their website on 3/28 then canceled by phone the next day. A week and a half later I noticed that my credit card had not been credited back and I had not received any return confirmation. I called and politely asked for a status update on my return. They said they would process my return asap and email me a confirmation. I waited a week or so and tried calling again with the same response and result. I tried one more time last week and decided today to just call my credit card company to dispute the charge.

I'm not sure if I was being impatient or not. Normally I don't pay attention to refunds too much. It just so happened that the boat shoes were the only charge on that particular card. I figure a month is enough time for my return to be processed.

mechanical pencil

Reaction score
Yeah, they do not return calls or emails in my experience. You just have to keep calling
and hope to get someone on the phone. One lady is very nice and knows nothing. The other lady (boss lady?) can answer questions, etc.

I too ordered a pair of boat shoes back in January and they arrived in late March.
Beautiful shoes but too small, damn! Returned them for an exchange and could never
get any response to emails or messages left with lady #1 until I canceled the order a few
weeks ago. My credit card acct. has yet to be funded...

stillmadeit

Reaction score
I ordered my boat shoes back in the middle of Feb and had the initial wait time of 4-6. Around week 8 I decided to check up on the status and was told that there was a huge surge in orders due to the shoes being featured in the April issue of GQ and that they were quite behind. Two weeks ago they tell me the shoes had a ship date of late April and then mention that they were still behind.

I ended up requesting a refund and purchasing the navy boat shoes from south willard and picking up some sperrys. I've yet to hear back from them about the cancellation.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
what's the difference between the white "siped" sole and the brown "camp" sole
The white one is the sole that you typically see on boat shoes (with the slits in the bottom for channeling out water). The camp soles are regular soles without the slits.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
Are both suitable for year-round wear?
The camp sole yes, the boat shoe sole no (unless you live somewhere tropical and/or actually use boat shoes on a boat).

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why would you want to wear soles that have slits in the soles in cold soggy weather?
tongue.gif

They'd be fine in summer though.

tyates

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stillmadeit
I ordered my boat shoes back in the middle of Feb and had the initial wait time of 4-6. Around week 8 I decided to check up on the status and was told that there was a huge surge in orders due to the shoes being featured in the April issue of GQ and that they were quite behind. Two weeks ago they tell me the shoes had a ship date of late April and then mention that they were still behind.

I ended up requesting a refund and purchasing the navy boat shoes from south willard and picking up some sperrys. I've yet to hear back from them about the cancellation.

I placed an order for navy boat shoes (the same ones from SW but unlined) a few weeks ago and am still waiting for an email confirmation from them. I spoke to someone over the phone and yes, they are backed up like you said.

I'm thinking about canceling the order and just buying some sperry's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads