• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Getting the most out of my next suit purchase?

indianshaft

Reaction score
I have to buy a lite/light grey/gray (haha that is weird) for a wedding...I don't really need a suit work doesn't require them.

I already own one medium grey/gray charcoal suit in wool.

I was thinking a lighter fabric like cotton instead of wool.

I am looking for some advice what would you do in this situation?

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends on the nature of your work which you do not specify. You also need to take account of the frequency that you wear a suit. If it is every week you need another work suit as you will certainly stand out (in a poor light) if you have but one. If it is very occasional and you work in an industry which is very informal (say IT) you could easily wear a light grey/gray suit for work and also social occasions. Just make sure if the social occasions us from your job that you let this new suit rest either side of the occasion.

I am not in that situation and have no experience of it but based upon common sense the foregoing is a good way forward.

mintchox

Reaction score
Could you clarify - you are buying the suit for the purpose of attending a wedding?

powerkicker

Reaction score
If you’re buying it just for the wedding, go with a light grey suit with a bluish cast. Go with light-weight wool to avoid wrinkling.

indianshaft

Reaction score
I don't need a suit for work so I rarely wear suits. I have to buy a light grey suit because I am one of the groomsmen and that was requested...so this is very much a unnecessary purchase...if I could I would just rent the suit...

I own one suit it is nice HSM Golden Fleece charcoal super 120s I think...So I have colder weather covered hence the thinking to go with a lighter fabric.

Thanks for the help.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.