1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Getting the girl back.

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

Coho, my point is that she was not the one and only girl for me, but at 18 I certainly thought so. It was youthful inexperience to think that she was "The One."
    I haven't seen or even communicated with her in over 25 years and never will. If we did meet, we'd probably have nothing to talk about anyway. People grow up, follow different paths, and grow apart. Best to move on.

2. dsholmes1

dsholmes1 Senior member

Let her go do her thing and you should do the same. I can understand where you are coming from as someone who has gone thru a similar situation recently. Best advice is to enjoy your youth, party and whore it up a wee bit. DO NOT, consume excessive amounts of liquor it only leads to trouble.

Please remember to take the time you need to heal. Lift weights, read a good book and be selfish for a lil while.

3. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

At 18, I met the one and only girl for me. I was positive I wanted to marry her and spend the rest of our lives together. It's been over 25 years since I last saw her or was in any kind of contact, and scarcely even think of her any more. And I can't count the women I've been with since then.

+1

4. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

man, this is just a bad idea coho. fuck her if you can, but leave it at that. you don't want some chick that ignored you in hs to like you all of a sudden now that you have money. that is a recipe for disaster, and i personally would not trust her one bit if all of a sudden she warmed up to me.

5. Eason

Eason Senior member

It've been a couple of weeks at this point. I'm a bit confused by the reasoning given, but I think it boils down to time constrains and recent unhappiness (there were some issues that involved events being messed up -- Valentine's Day/her birthday in particular, which upset her).

She'd not been in any serious relationships prior to this. I've been in a couple.

You don't need to give reasonable justification to break up with somebody, and you don't need to recieve it either. Sometimes love isn't enough, sometimes even love isn't there. Just accept it and move on with your life, there will be others.

6. TheLindberghBaby

TheLindberghBaby New Member

so? Whatever happened with this situation? [​IMG]

7. Mr Herbert

Mr Herbert Senior member

8. NoStyle14

NoStyle14 Well-Known Member

Anyone know what's going on with this guy? Are he and his girl married with kids?

9. Derekcolns

Derekcolns New Member

Hey, i am not perfect in giving advice but i must say that showing desperate and selfish can't win her back. Both of you need to make space and clear out the things that bother between you guys. Solution only arise if you both compromise!!![​IMG]

10. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Don't even bother trying. To much muff in this world. Fuck'em.