• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Getting Ripped for a newbie

pjw123

Reaction score
5 meals a day. Split good carbs/ protein/ fats by 35/45/20.

carbs:

potato
veggies
oats
brown rice
etc. be careful stay away from refined sugars

Protein:

chicken
fish (tuna, salmon (sometimes), tilapia, etc.
watch the red meat, its ***** and not good for your digestive system. once a week I would say, but do whatever.
EGG Whites!
Cottge Cheese
Straight Whey (no muscle milk, myoplex ****- its filled with sugars, art sweeteners and preservatives)

Fats:

from meat
nuts (almonds, peanut butter, etc.)
olive oil
etc.

There are variations of this, but split up breakfast to protein shake, to lunch, to shake, to dinner, to night shake.

In your shake make sure to have protein and carbs. For after workout, bet a bit of dextrose to get your insulin up (or just put in some fruit and honey, thats safer).

You need to figure out your ideal carb intake for your goals. I would say that each meal should be somewhere in the ballpark of 30 g protein, 25g carb, and howevr u split up the fats, just make sure you get enough of them.

Then lift hard, make sure it hurts at the end! sleep enough! drink enough water and don't overdo it.

This is the typical bodybuilder diet. Make sure to eat protein on off days because thats when ur body needs it to regrow the muscles u tore up in the gym.

trust me, if u do this u will definitely see results. Just make sure to eat enough but don't eat anything available like these guys are saying. Eat well. I am 150 lbs, 5' 9'', and have gotten my bench up to 300lbs. 1 rep max. If I could do that normally weighing 130 or so, anything is possible.

good luck

pjw123

Reaction score
also, if you are serious about your goals alcohol has got to go. Its bad carb city. but if u must drink white wine or vodka/gin sparingly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads