Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Getting my first MTM blazer. What kind of fabric for spring/summer wear?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weatherguy, Jan 23, 2013.

1. weatherguy

weatherguy Member

I'm getting my first MTM blazer for spring and summer wear.

Where I am, spring can get hot, and summer gets go hot that you don't want to wear anything, though the evening can be nice enough to wear a blazer.

What kind of fabric should I look at?

2. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Tropical weight wool. Or, if you want something more casual I like a linen, silk and wool blend.

3. weatherguy

weatherguy Member

What's a good blue fabric that allows a blazer to be suitable for day and evening wear?

4. junko

junko Member

I believe worsted wool would be a good blazer fabric you can wear year round.

5. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

For both day and evening in the spring and summer and all around use I would go with a 100% tropical weight wool with a very fine twill. For a less formal look, go with patch pockets and brown horn buttons. Also less formal is more dark blue and avoid mid-night blue.

I would't go worsted unless you were looking for a year round blazer. But then it will be warmer in the summer. I would go for the lightweight and then try and budget for another one in a heavier worsted for fall and winter, maybe with different features like flap pockets and different buttons for variety. Most guys, over time, end up with several blue jackets/blazers. They are very versatile.