Getting my first MTM blazer. What kind of fabric for spring/summer wear?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weatherguy, Jan 23, 2013.

1. weatherguy

weatherguy Member

I'm getting my first MTM blazer for spring and summer wear.

Where I am, spring can get hot, and summer gets go hot that you don't want to wear anything, though the evening can be nice enough to wear a blazer.

What kind of fabric should I look at?

2. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Tropical weight wool. Or, if you want something more casual I like a linen, silk and wool blend.

3. weatherguy

weatherguy Member

What's a good blue fabric that allows a blazer to be suitable for day and evening wear?

4. junko

junko Member

I believe worsted wool would be a good blazer fabric you can wear year round.

5. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

For both day and evening in the spring and summer and all around use I would go with a 100% tropical weight wool with a very fine twill. For a less formal look, go with patch pockets and brown horn buttons. Also less formal is more dark blue and avoid mid-night blue.

I would't go worsted unless you were looking for a year round blazer. But then it will be warmer in the summer. I would go for the lightweight and then try and budget for another one in a heavier worsted for fall and winter, maybe with different features like flap pockets and different buttons for variety. Most guys, over time, end up with several blue jackets/blazers. They are very versatile.