Getting involved with a single mother

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by LooksGood, Jan 31, 2013.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

The ones that want to do the kid intro early are trouble.

OP, leave the poor woman alone. She is probably struggling and looking for some real stability in her life and you're likely lying to her and selling her interest for some sex. You're why men suck.

I don't agree w/ the out of marriage comment. This is not 1840. People have kids in many different situations nowadays.

2. charlesgoodyear

charlesgoodyear Member

Outside of marriage, haha, joke of the millenium. Seriously.

On the other hand, call me oldskool. I do not get involved with single mothers, and would not even think about bringing up another man's child. That's trouble from start to end. Simple as that.

3. Mr Martini

Mr Martini Senior member

It seems like every girl out there has a kid.

4. landshark

landshark Senior member

You don't have to agree, but a woman is a tramp with a child outside of marriage in 1840 and in 2040 regardless.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013

5. manchambo

manchambo Senior member

This is a divorced woman with a child. She didn't have a child out of wedlock. But your assumption that she's a tramp sure shows you for the misogynist you are.

6. landshark

landshark Senior member

I wrote that any woman who has a baby out of wedlock is a tramp. The fact that she is divorced means this wouldn't apply to her (obviously), and your assumption that it would apply shows how much of an idiot you are.

Furthermore, being divorced is probably as bad or even more shameful.

7. Teger

Teger Senior member

oh i see you're a moron. thanks for clearing that up.

8. landshark

landshark Senior member

If you disagree, feel free to explain yourself.

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

well, among many obvious points, you seemingly hold a mother solely responsible for having a child and make no mention of a father

10. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

well, she is solely responsible, so while he might be a moron, it isn't because of that assumption.

11. landshark

landshark Senior member

I'm glad you brought that up. It certainly is the responsibility of the woman to not get pregnant before she is married.

There is nothing moronic about being against divorce and children out of wedlock. There are serious consequences to all involved for both cases.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

and what role does the hypothetical father play in your social scenario? completely free of any responsibility?

13. landshark

landshark Senior member

I believe once there is a man involved, he is responsible as well to be careful not to impregnate a woman who is not his wife. He would owe it to the woman and the child to be married and have a stable family.

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

^^

I'm amazed and not amazed this attitude still exists. There is a wealth of anecdotal evidence that these accidental kids grow up in awful homes with people that feel trapped and resent them. There's a remedy for unwanted kids but I suppose you're the type which doesn't support such remedies either and wants to force people to be miserable with a mistake.

Or you want to force one party to, for example, live with a raging alcoholic physical abuser? In this scenario you think it's better for someone to maintain a home rather than seek a separation/divorce?

Out of curiosity, this woman in your scenario is a tramp, what do you label the guy then?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013

15. landshark

landshark Senior member

You are only amazed because of what our society now deems these things as acceptable when they shouldn't be.

It is the responsibility for both parents to provide a loving home and family. If they are raging alcoholics, then they are failing. If they abuse their spouse, they are failing.
    It is not *that* difficult to have a decent family and love your spouse. Someone who cant do this, is seriously lacking in maturity.

If it is a relationship that you would resent, then why would you be sleeping with that person in the first place?

As for unwanted kids, I know the remedies. I don't think that they should be encouraged or even considered as an option for a woman. What kind of person thinks, "I'll have sex with people I'm attracted to but would resent in the long term, and if they get me pregnant I'll just go have an abortion?"

The father is a deadbeat if he doesn't accept responsibility.

This all comes down to accepting the consequences of your actions. Fathering a child, getting pregnant from casual (or even monogamous) sex, etc.

Someone who seeks out an abortion, is an abusive spouse, an alcoholic, a deadbeat, etc. is avoiding responsibility and consequences of their actions.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013